PDA

View Full Version : Baby Steps Home Challenge - weekend edition Feb 20 & 21

filmgirl2911
02-19-2010, 07:10 PM
Good morning, Ladies :kiss

Welcome to the weekend :D As usual, I'm thinking that the weekend edition doesn't need to be much more than the recovery of your hot spots - kitchen / main living spaces.

And, I'm thinking that we keep trying to implement a true Sabbath each week wherein we don't focus on cleaning and baby steps, but that we focus on God and family . . . So, let's see how it goes this weekend. Keep up with things on Saturday and do catch up if you want or feel you should, but on Sunday, let yourself rest and be renewed by giving God your best time and tuning into yourself and your family :heart

Make sure you are giving God the best of your time each day :heart ;

and - make sure you are giving your family some much needed love and attention. Your home is where you live and spend time with those you love, the clean aspect of home is just an added bonus ;)

Saturday Activities:

5 minute challenge participation
laundry (optional - if you have it piling up, do some sorting / preparations or a load or two - but don't overdo ;))

20-minute kitchen recovery (remember, this is just to help you keep the kitchen next meal / snack ready; dishes out of the sink / in the dishwasher, counters clear of too much clutter)

living space tidying (this is geared toward a once or twice daily clean up of toys and such - getting anything that is tossed on a surface that belongs in another room out and in the right space)

bathroom catch up / tidying (mostly getting the towels off the floor / sink, putting out fresh ones if needed, checking toilet paper and quick clearing / wipe down of the sink area counters)

Challenge - time with the family :heart

Challenge - best part of your day goes to God :heart

Challenge - a little bit of ME time to renew and refresh each day :heart

Have a wonderful weekend. And if things look really bad to you on Sunday, remind yourself that Monday is catch up day here on the Baby Steps Home Challenge. No new challenges, just recovery :D

Llee
02-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Thanks for posting this! We actually got the whole house clean this morning, as dh's student and her family were coming over for lunch. I swear that we need to invite someone over once a week just so we get motivated to clean. :giggle

And thanks to you, I think I'm getting better about not getting compulsive about getting everything done at once. Like, it's okay to only do one load of laundry a day, as long as I can get it actually put away. :lol And that it's okay to not get everything done every day--when you told us that you didn't always get everything done every day. For whatever reason, that took a load off my back and I've been okay with not getting every thing done 'today', because I would still be a good person. All right, I'll hush now. The curry is calling my name.

Anyway, thank you!!!