PDA

View Full Version : Shark handheld steamer & poop on carpet

mommylove
02-18-2010, 03:52 PM
I have soft poop on my carpet. :sick I picked it up as best I could with diaper wipes, now it's soaking with BacOut.

I don't have a carpet steamer and of course, my carpets were professionally cleaned 3 weeks ago so the next cleaning won't be any time soon.

I've been planning to buy the Shark handheld steamer. If you have one, will it work for spot cleaning carpet?

Mama Rophe
02-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Yup. I've used it on poop stains before. Beware of the smell. :sick

mommylove
02-18-2010, 04:14 PM
Yup. I've used it on poop stains before. Beware of the smell. :sick

Thank you. Should I use the bristle attachment or the direct steam nozzle?

klpmommy
02-18-2010, 04:27 PM
for smell & stain, the following does wonders: squirt bottle filled 3/4 of the way with hydrogen peroxide, 20 drops of orange eo (this is mostly for the smell), a smidge of dawn & then the rest of the way with hot water. Then squirt liberally & if needed use a stiff brush. It is a miracle carpet cleaner.

Psyche
02-18-2010, 04:33 PM
for smell & stain, the following does wonders: squirt bottle filled 3/4 of the way with hydrogen peroxide, 20 drops of orange eo (this is mostly for the smell), a smidge of dawn & then the rest of the way with hot water. Then squirt liberally & if needed use a stiff brush. It is a miracle carpet cleaner.

I was going to suggest something similar but with white vinegar and tea tree oil, stiff brush. The sanitize with steam mop afterward.

mommylove
02-18-2010, 08:17 PM
I was going to suggest something similar but with white vinegar and tea tree oil, stiff brush. The sanitize with steam mop afterward.

thanks. So what I'm hearing you say is that I don't need to run out and buy this cool steamer that I've been drooling over. :giggle

Mama Rophe
02-19-2010, 07:08 AM
I use the direct steam and a cloth to blot it up.