PDA

View Full Version : Baby Steps Home Challenge - Thursday, February 18

filmgirl2911
02-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Good Morning, Ladies :kiss

A short note - interest in this challenge / thread has been waning quite a bit. I'm not sure that the effort to post a daily thread is worth the return :shrug3 I will keep the Baby Steps challenge going for a few more days and see how it goes, but I'm beginning to think that maybe I'll opt for a short break from posting the daily challenges if interest remains low . . .

Colossians 3:23 says, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men . . ."

Daily Activities:

5 minute challenge participation (ideally, this should help you with little tasks - most days there is a thread here on GCM and every time you see it come up, you are supposed to go do something that takes about 5 minutes - for some, this becomes too distracting b/c they stray to other areas on GCM and end up spending too much time. So, you can do your own version, or the one here - you choose)

laundry (this can be sorting, folding, putting away, actually doing a load or several, or just making sure that clothes are put where they go - hung up, in the laundry, in the drawer - the idea being that you don't wind up with overwhelming piles of laundry that you are trying to do all at one time - and some days, hey, you might not have anything to do here :tu)

Your new habit
15-minute kitchen recovery (this is to help get dishes out of the sink, off the counters and to help with basic tidiness so *you* feel comfortable when you come into the kitchen - wiping down the stove and counters, making the kitchen next meal ready)
living space tidying (this is geared toward a once or twice daily clean up of toys and such - getting anything that is tossed on a surface that belongs in another room out and in the right space)
Clutter Buster (this is basically choosing a hot spot where you tend to pile things up and sifting through it and getting it gone - this might combine easily with Returning 10 things to the place they belong - for me it's the corner of my dining room table :rolleyes)

Two Do List (this is whatever you have to do today, but you only choose the two most important - not a list of 10 or 15 things - it can be anything you want - time with God, time with your children, time for you, making a phone call, paying bills, going out for groceries, etc., etc., etc. If you finish these things, you can come back and post a second Two Do List if you want to / find it helps)

Daily Challenge - Spend some age-appropriate focused time with your children today - read a story or two, sing some songs, play on the floor, do an art project, hang out and talk - connect with your little one(s) and share what you all did here :heart

Daily Challenge - give God the best part of your day; may you be blessed by your daily time with Him :heart

Daily Challenge - a little ME time; give yourself a 15-minute break with permission to do *whatever* you want so you feel a bit renewed and refreshed

Challenge - a little dining room (or your eating space) TLC :)

Set a timer for 15 minutes or choose two songs and tackle the hot spots in your dining room (maybe it's the table that needs some clearing off and some wiping down; maybe it's that the floor needs to be swept / washed / vacuumed; maybe it's the chairs or the placemats - or both ;) - need some TLC) Whatever it is, give it some attention until the songs end or the timer dings. When the timer goes off or the two songs end - STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING. You're done for now - come back in a little while for a second round . . .

Set a timer for 15 minutes or choose two songs and spend a little more time tidying up and creating some order to where you eat your meals. When the timer goes off or the two songs end - STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING. You're done.

I'm hoping that this seems a bit more Baby Steps manageable. Let me know what you think so we can continue to tweak things . . . :heart

Llee
02-18-2010, 07:10 AM
But! But! But! How will my house stay semi-presentable if you're not posting a challenge for me!!!?

5 minute challenge participation Will do once.

laundry One load is in the dryer; the other is in the wash. So wash1, dry1, fold1, put away1; wash2, dry2, fold2, put away2; wash3, dry3, fold3, put away3
Your new habit Putting away FB for the morning now.

15-minute kitchen recovery Did this last night; will do some more today.

living space tidying Just need to vacuum!

Clutter Buster Kitchen table. Again. ;)

Two Do List Get bill from hsa.Do windows.
Daily Kiddo Challenge We read and hung out and played and giggled and looked at the photo book of pictures of her. Good times!

Daily God Challenge
Daily ME Challenge
Dining Room Challenge (2 songs) 1

Dining Room Challenge (2 songs) 2

Llee
02-18-2010, 02:01 PM
How's it going Judith!?!

Peridot
02-18-2010, 02:12 PM
I just did laundry! Load number 2 is in!

Both boys are down for naps. :phew They have both been sick, so I'm not getting tons done. :shrug3

Llee
02-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Sounds like you're doing a lot keep them going Peridot. You do all right today Judith? I like your challenges because I don't feel guilty (now) if I don't get them all done.

filmgirl2911
02-18-2010, 06:47 PM
Loralee ~ Did not do much around the house today :O But, I'm okay with that :yes I've been keeping up with the kitchen because I like and need a tidy kitchen so that when I come to prepare a snack or meal, I don't have to clean things first - blah! I do not like that at all;

and, I keep up with tidying in the main living space because we live in a small-sized apartment and the main living space is where my little toddler girl tends to spend her day playing; so I also try to keep up with some dusting in there (vacuuming is a bit rougher because talula sunshine does not like it when I vacuum :no)

Oh well - off to post for tomorrow and then off to read my Bible and close my eyes :)

See you in the morning :heart