PDA

View Full Version : Baby Steps Home Challenge - Wednesday, February 17

filmgirl2911
02-16-2010, 06:27 PM
Good Morning, Ladies :kiss

Okay - it's Wednesday - the middle of the week and Ash Wednesday; the beginning of Lent. Consider ways you might make your day-to-day household chores and tasks a form of worship :) Colossians 3:23 says, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men . . ."

Daily Activities:

5 minute challenge participation (ideally, this should help you with little tasks - most days there is a thread here on GCM and every time you see it come up, you are supposed to go do something that takes about 5 minutes - for some, this becomes too distracting b/c they stray to other areas on GCM and end up spending too much time. So, you can do your own version, or the one here - you choose)

laundry (this can be sorting, folding, putting away, actually doing a load or several, or just making sure that clothes are put where they go - hung up, in the laundry, in the drawer - the idea being that you don't wind up with overwhelming piles of laundry that you are trying to do all at one time - and some days, hey, you might not have anything to do here :tu)

Your new habit
Return 10 things to their appropriate homes (enlist your kids' help as appropriate)
15-minute kitchen recovery (this is to help get dishes out of the sink, off the counters and to help with basic tidiness so *you* feel comfortable when you come into the kitchen - wiping down the stove and counters, making the kitchen next meal ready)
10-15-minute bathroom recovery (mostly getting the towels off the floor / sink, putting out fresh ones if needed, checking toilet paper and quick clearing / wipe down of the sink area and counters; not more than 15 minutes in here)
Clutter Buster (this is basically choosing a hot spot where you tend to pile things up and sifting through it and getting it gone - this might combine easily with Returning 10 things to the place they belong - for me it's the corner of my dining room table :rolleyes)

Two Do List (this is whatever you have to do today, but you only choose the two most important - not a list of 10 or 15 things - it can be anything you want - time with God, time with your children, time for you, making a phone call, paying bills, going out for groceries, etc., etc., etc. If you finish these things, you can come back and post a second Two Do List if you want to / find it helps)

Daily Challenge - Spend some age-appropriate focused time with your children today - read a story or two, sing some songs, play on the floor, do an art project, hang out and talk - connect with your little one(s) and share what you all did here :heart

Daily Challenge - give God the best part of your day; may you be blessed by your daily time with Him :heart

Daily Challenge - a little ME time; give yourself a 15-minute break with permission to do *whatever* you want so you feel a bit renewed and refreshed

Challenge - you pick the space (maybe a child's room, maybe a home office space)

Set a timer for 15 minutes or choose two songs and spend some time clearing out clutter and making this space welcoming (tackle surfaces, like desks or dressers or floors); return items that don't belong in that room to where the room where they do belong or maybe coming up with a place for things that seem to have no place When the timer goes off or the two songs end - STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING. You're done for now - come back in a little while for a second round . . .

Set a timer for 15 minutes or choose two songs and spend a little more time tidying up and creating a welcoming space. Maybe consider dusting or sweeping / vacuuming. When the timer goes off or the two songs end - STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING. You're done.

I'm hoping that this seems a bit more Baby Steps manageable. Let me know what you think so we can continue to tweak things . . . :heart

Llee
02-17-2010, 08:17 AM
5 minute challenge participation Will do once.

laundry Need to put load in washer, dryer, fold, put away.

Your new habit Spent entirely too much time on FB today already. Oops!

Return 10 things to their appropriate homes Will do

15-minute kitchen recovery Needs to be done. Sigh.
10-15-minute bathroom recovery Will do
Clutter Buster Kitchen table. Again.

Two Do List Get bill from doc's office to send in to hsa. Make Dressy Bessy take a bath.
Daily Kid ChallengeSpent time reading with baby girl so far and am working at playing with her and cleaning up with her.

Daily God Challenge
Daily Me Challenge I actually got to get my hair cut yesterday for the first time in months! And I think finishing my book while showering will count as my me time today.
Challenge Room Challenge choose two songs (1)

Challenge Room Challenge choose two songs (2)

I am sooo not motivated to do any of this today, but I know we have to, as the window guy is coming tomorrow. The joys...

Off to do the room challenge <sigh>. I don't wanna!!! :yawn

prov31craftymom
02-17-2010, 08:21 AM
Good morning! Boy, I really need to start posting in here again! I always come on, take a look, and then never come back and say what I got done. Yesterday was the first in awhile. So I will post what I need to do today and then cross off my list as it gets done. :D

Wash a load of laundry
Hang up the load of laundry
Take the towels down, fold them, and out them away
Wash the dishes
Clean the counters, table, and stove top
Make the bed
Pick up the living room
Vacuum the two bed rooms
sweep the floors
make dinner
go to the pregnancy center to drop off clothes and get diapers
go to the store to get cat food

If no one hears from me for awhile, you can come and rescue me from my house! You might need a search party! :giggle

prov31craftymom
02-17-2010, 11:32 AM
Good morning! Boy, I really need to start posting in here again! I always come on, take a look, and then never come back and say what I got done. Yesterday was the first in awhile. So I will post what I need to do today and then cross off my list as it gets done. :D

Wash a load of laundry
Hang up the load of laundry
Take the towels down, fold them, and out them away
Wash the dishes
Clean the counters, table, and stove top
Make the bed
Pick up the living room
Vacuum the two bed rooms
sweep the floors
make dinner
go to the pregnancy center to drop off clothes and get diapers
go to the store to get cat food

If no one hears from me for awhile, you can come and rescue me from my house! You might need a search party! :giggle