PDA

View Full Version : Baby Steps Home Challenge - Tuesday, February 16

filmgirl2911
02-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Good Morning, Ladies :kiss

Okay - we're into Tuesday. Time to add at least one challenge, but, there may be some of you who have children home for February break from school - make that your top priority and try keeping up only with the daily activities :tu. The rest of us will try to focus on recovery and tidying of hot spots and a challenge or two :)

Daily Activities:

5 minute challenge participation (ideally, this should help you with little tasks - most days there is a thread here on GCM and every time you see it come up, you are supposed to go do something that takes about 5 minutes - for some, this becomes too distracting b/c they stray to other areas on GCM and end up spending too much time. So, you can do your own version, or the one here - you choose)

laundry (this can be sorting, folding, putting away, actually doing a load or several, or just making sure that clothes are put where they go - hung up, in the laundry, in the drawer - the idea being that you don't wind up with overwhelming piles of laundry that you are trying to do all at one time - and some days, hey, you might not have anything to do here :tu)

Your new habit
Return 10 things to their appropriate homes (enlist your kids' help as appropriate)
15-minute kitchen recovery (this is to help get dishes out of the sink, off the counters and to help with basic tidiness so *you* feel comfortable when you come into the kitchen - wiping down the stove and counters, making the kitchen next meal ready)
living space tidying (this is geared toward a once or twice daily clean up of toys and such - getting anything that is tossed on a surface that belongs in another room out and in the right space)
Clutter Buster (this is basically choosing a hot spot where you tend to pile things up and sifting through it and getting it gone - this might combine easily with Returning 10 things to the place they belong - for me it's the corner of my dining room table :rolleyes)

Two Do List (this is whatever you have to do today, but you only choose the two most important - not a list of 10 or 15 things - it can be anything you want - time with God, time with your children, time for you, making a phone call, paying bills, going out for groceries, etc., etc., etc. If you finish these things, you can come back and post a second Two Do List if you want to / find it helps)

Daily Challenge - Spend some age-appropriate focused time with your children today - read a story or two, sing some songs, play on the floor, do an art project, hang out and talk - connect with your little one(s) and share what you all did here :heart

Daily Challenge - give God the best part of your day; may you be blessed by your daily time with Him :heart

Daily Challenge - a little ME time; give yourself a 15-minute break with permission to do *whatever* you want so you feel a bit renewed and refreshed

Master Bedroom TLC :D

Set a timer for 15 minutes or choose two songs and hit the master bedroom - create yourself a little oasis to fall into at the end of the day :yes Focus on simple, doable things: make the bed (change the bed linens if needed); pick up anything lying about that belongs elsewhere (don't know about you, but I tend to toss a lot of things into my bedroom so it becomes overrun with clutter :bag). When the timer goes off or the two songs end - STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING. You're done for now - come back in a little while for a second round . . .

Set a timer for 15 minutes or choose two songs and spend a little more time tidying up your oasis - put away clothes / laundry, tidy bedside tables - whatever you think will make your room inviting to you at the end of the day :heart When the timer goes off or the two songs end - STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING. You're done.
I'm hoping that this seems a bit more Baby Steps manageable. Let me know what you think so we can continue to tweak things . . . :heart

Llee
02-16-2010, 09:01 AM
5 minute challenge participation I will do this ONCE today.

laundry Got a load in the dryer. Yay me! About to get it from the dryer. And I got it and it's all done for the day! I refuse to start another load. :lol

Your new habit Haven't done a lot of FB (yet) today

Return 10 things to their appropriate homes I already did this once, but it'll need it again!

15-minute kitchen recovery I'm trying to do this as I go, but there are some more things that need to go back 'home'.

living space tidying Will do right before dh gets home

Clutter Buster Get kitchen table cleaned off

Two Do List Get some paczki, since it's Fat Tuesday. Mail off AT&T bill
Daily Kid Challenge We've done legos; we'll do some reading too. And we played with the dog.

Daily God Challenge Watched my devo

Daily Me Challenge If dh gets home in time, I want to go get my hair cut. It needs it baaad! Oh! He just offered to watch Dressy Bessy at school so I can get this done this afternoon! I love that man.

Master Bedroom TLC choose two songs (1)
Master Bedroom TLC choose two songs (2)

I have to say that it's great being back home. And that it was wonderbar coming home to a mostly clean house this time! I was actually able to get everything unpacked and put away within an hour of getting home. Usually it takes me 2-3 days.:blush Because the house isn't, um, left clean.

Thanks for keeping up the daily challenges Judith! At this point, it's helping me more than Flylady.

Llee
02-16-2010, 11:55 AM
:question

How's it going Judith?

:pokea

filmgirl2911
02-16-2010, 12:03 PM
ummmmm . . . . :bag

keeping up with tidying the living space after a few hours of play and . . .

well . . . .

the kitchen needs some attention;

and I'm not sure I've hit much else on the list so far today . . .

but it's a good reminder of what I should think about doing :giggle

prov31craftymom
02-16-2010, 01:12 PM
Daily Activities:

5 minute challenge participation

laundry

Your new habit (made the bed)
Return 10 things to their appropriate homes

15-minute kitchen recovery
living space tidying
Two Do List

Daily Challenge - Spend some age-appropriate focused time with your children today - read a story or two, sing some songs, play on the floor, do an art project, hang out and talk - connect with your little one(s) and share what you all did here :heart (That's all I've done all day! I guess today is a "mommy hold me" day!)

Daily Challenge - give God the best part of your day; may you be blessed by your daily time with Him :heart

Daily Challenge - a little ME time; give yourself a 15-minute break with permission to do *whatever* you want so you feel a bit renewed and refreshed

Master Bedroom TLC :D
I cleaned my room yesterday. Pulled everything out of the closet, went though the clothes...I just need to dust and vacuum the floor. Maybe I'll find the time to get it done today.