PDA

View Full Version : Baby Steps Home Challenge - Monday, February 15

filmgirl2911
02-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Good Morning, Ladies :kiss

Monday tends to be a good time to try and catch up from the weekend, so we'll focus mostly on recovery and tidying of hot spots :)

Daily Activities:

5 minute challenge participation (ideally, this should help you with little tasks - most days there is a thread here on GCM and every time you see it come up, you are supposed to go do something that takes about 5 minutes - for some, this becomes too distracting b/c they stray to other areas on GCM and end up spending too much time. So, you can do your own version, or the one here - you choose)

laundry (this can be sorting, folding, putting away, actually doing a load or several, or just making sure that clothes are put where they go - hung up, in the laundry, in the drawer - the idea being that you don't wind up with overwhelming piles of laundry that you are trying to do all at one time - and some days, hey, you might not have anything to do here :tu)

Your new habit
Return 10 things to their appropriate homes (enlist your kids' help as appropriate)
20-minute kitchen recovery (this is to help get dishes out of the sink, off the counters and to help with basic tidiness so *you* feel comfortable when you come into the kitchen - wiping down the stove and counters, making the kitchen next meal ready)
bathroom catch up / tidying (mostly getting the towels off the floor / sink, putting out fresh ones if needed, checking toilet paper and quick clearing / wipe down of the sink area and counters; not more than 15 minutes in here)
living space tidying (this is geared toward a once or twice daily clean up of toys and such - getting anything that is tossed on a surface that belongs in another room out and in the right space)
Clutter Buster (this is basically choosing a hot spot where you tend to pile things up and sifting through it and getting it gone - this might combine easily with Returning 10 things to the place they belong - for me it's the corner of my dining room table :rolleyes)

Two Do List (this is whatever you have to do today, but you only choose the two most important - not a list of 10 or 15 things - it can be anything you want - time with God, time with your children, time for you, making a phone call, paying bills, going out for groceries, etc., etc., etc. If you finish these things, you can come back and post a second Two Do List if you want to / find it helps)

Daily Challenge - Spend some age-appropriate focused time with your children today - read a story or two, sing some songs, play on the floor, do an art project, hang out and talk - connect with your little one(s) and share what you all did here :heart

Daily Challenge - give God the best part of your day; may you be blessed by your daily time with Him :heart

Daily Challenge - a little ME time; give yourself a 15-minute break with permission to do *whatever* you want so you feel a bit renewed and refreshed

No Challenges Today :D

I'm hoping that this seems a bit more Baby Steps manageable. Let me know what you think so we can continue to tweak things . . . :heart

HindsFeet
02-15-2010, 09:42 AM
Ok, I've been AWOL with playing in the snow and watching the Olympics. :lol But I'm trying to get motivated to do some housework today.

Daily Activities:

5 minute challenge participation

laundry

Your new habit
Return 10 things to their appropriate homes

20-minute kitchen recovery
bathroom catch up / tidying
living space tidying
Clutter Buster

Two Do List

grocery shopping :rockon

do school :bag

Daily Challenge - Spend some age-appropriate focused time with your children today - read a story or two, sing some songs, play on the floor, do an art project, hang out and talk - connect with your little one(s) and share what you all did here :heart

Daily Challenge - give God the best part of your day; may you be blessed by your daily time with Him :heart

Daily Challenge - a little ME time; give yourself a 15-minute break with permission to do *whatever* you want so you feel a bit renewed and refreshed

charla
02-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Daily Activities:

laundry

Your new habit
living space tidying
Clutter Buster
Two Do List- menu and grocery list, grocery shopping, TAXES, lesson plans
Daily Challenge -time with children
Daily Challenge - give God the best part of your day
Daily Challenge - a little ME time

erinee
02-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Daily Activities:

laundry

Your new habit: Bible reading

living space tidying

Clutter Buster (hot spot)

Two Do List: Finish astronomy assignment, plan time fillers for subbing jobs this week.

Daily Challenge - Spend some age-appropriate focused time with your children today: Make bracelets with Megan; play a game with both kids

Daily Challenge - give God the best part of your day

Daily Challenge - a little ME time: Computer