PDA

View Full Version : Baby Steps Home Challenge - Friday, February 12

filmgirl2911
02-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Good Morning!

:woohoo It's Friday :woohoo
So, let's get our houses in a reasonable state so we can enjoy the weekend with our families :cheer

Note: I did not change this much from Thursday because the participation was a bit low on Thursday. If you did the Thursday challenges, consider yourself ahead of the game and maybe pick just *one* other area to focus on so that you feel good about it for the weekend :heart

Daily Activities:

5 minute challenge participation (ideally, this should help you with little tasks - most days there is a thread here on GCM and every time you see it come up, you are supposed to go do something that takes about 5 minutes - for some, this becomes too distracting b/c they stray to other areas on GCM and end up spending too much time. So, you can do your own version, or the one here - you choose)

laundry (this can be sorting, folding, putting away, actually doing a load or several, or just making sure that clothes are put where they go - hung up, in the laundry, in the drawer - the idea being that you don't wind up with overwhelming piles of laundry that you are trying to do all at one time - and some days, hey, you might not have anything to do here :tu)

Your new habit
Return 10 things to their appropriate homes (enlist your kids' help as appropriate)
bathroom catch up / tidying (mostly getting the towels off the floor / sink, putting out fresh ones if needed, checking toilet paper and quick clearing / wipe down of the sink area and counters; not more than 15 minutes in here)
15-20 minute kitchen recovery (this is geared to helping you feel comfortable in your kitchen - wiping down surfaces, clearing clutter off counters, making sure dishes get loaded in dishwashers / washed / put away and that your kitchen is next-meal ready so you don't feel stressed out when its family snack or dinner time :))
Clutter Buster (this is basically choosing a hot spot where you tend to pile things up and sifting through it and getting it gone - this might combine easily with Returning 10 things to the place they belong - for me it's the corner of my dining room table :rolleyes)

Two Do List (this is whatever you have to do today, but you only choose the two most important - not a list of 10 or 15 things - it can be anything you want - time with God, time with your children, time for you, making a phone call, paying bills, going out for groceries, etc., etc., etc. If you finish these things, you can come back and post a second Two Do List if you want to / find it helps)

Daily Challenge - Spend some age-appropriate focused time with your children today - read a story or two, sing some songs, play on the floor, do an art project, hang out and talk - connect with your little one(s) and share what you all did here :heart

Daily Challenge - Give God the best part of your day; may you be blessed by your daily time with Him :heart

Daily Challenge - spend at least 15-minutes of ME time to renew and refresh your mind and body :heart

Challenge - a little living space TLC :)

Let's tackle leftover dusting today, and then move onto vacuuming :tu. Find yourself some good music to move to and let yourself groove - if you've got littles at home with you, get them involved, too :yes

pick two songs and tackle any main furniture in the room that you did not get to yesterday. (remember, move things around so you can dust behind them and under them). When the songs end - quit the task . . .

pick another two songs and tackle any remaining surfaces you'd like dusted before the weekend. When the song ends - you're done!

get the vacuum or the dust mop (swiffer, if you're like me :shifty) and go over your floor in the main living space. Nothing makes a room look better than a clean floor :tu

I'm hoping that this seems a bit more Baby Steps manageable. Let me know what you think so we can continue to tweak things . . . :heart