PDA

View Full Version : Hanging stuff from the ceiling

KatieMae
02-08-2010, 09:49 AM
When I was growing up we had those drop-in tile ceilings so it was really easy to hang things for seasons & holidays - snowflakes, hearts, leaf-shaped paper, etc - and I know my kids would love it if we could do this in our home. But the house we live in has smooth ceilings (totally smooth - not stippled or with that swirly textured finish.) How can I hang things from above w/o damaging the ceiling?

:think Thumbtacks are out. Scotch tape could be dangerous b/c it might take the paint off when I remove it... should I test this in a corner? Do they make low-tack scotch tape? Or do you have a better suggestion? :popcorn

monkeylicious
02-08-2010, 09:52 AM
painters tape should be low-tack but bright blue may not go with your decor ;)

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

what about that putty stuff... i think i've seen it in white or cream color

Niphredil
02-08-2010, 09:55 AM
We use that white putty tack stuff they use in class rooms and dorm rooms. I cannot think for the life of me what it's called, but it's in the office supply aisle.

Oooh, also, fishing line makes a really cool "suspended in thin air" optical illusion too. ;)

KatieMae
02-08-2010, 09:55 AM
what about that putty stuff... i think i've seen it in white or cream color

Any idea where to look for this? The putty I have is blue, just like the painters tape :giggle

We use that white putty tack stuff they use in class rooms and dorm rooms. I cannot think for the life of me what it's called, but it's in the office supply aisle.
Ahh, thanks :) Office Depot maybe...