PDA

View Full Version : Baby Steps Home Challenge - Monday, February 8

filmgirl2911
02-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Good Morning, Ladies :kiss

It's Monday, so let's ease into the week ;) . Mondays tend to be a good time to try and catch up, so we'll focus mostly on recovery and tidying / upkeep of hot spots :)

Daily Activities:

5 minute challenge participation (ideally, this should help you with little tasks - most days there is a thread here on GCM and every time you see it come up, you are supposed to go do something that takes about 5 minutes - for some, this becomes too distracting b/c they stray to other areas on GCM and end up spending too much time. So, you can do your own version, or the one here - you choose)

laundry (this can be sorting, folding, putting away, actually doing a load or several, or just making sure that clothes are put where they go - hung up, in the laundry, in the drawer - the idea being that you don't wind up with overwhelming piles of laundry that you are trying to do all at one time - and some days, hey, you might not have anything to do here :tu)

Your new habit
Return 10 things to their appropriate homes (enlist your kids' help as appropriate)
20-minute kitchen recovery (this is to help get dishes out of the sink, off the counters and to help with basic tidiness so *you* feel comfortable when you come into the kitchen - wiping down the stove and counters, making the kitchen next meal ready)

Clutter Buster (this is basically choosing a hot spot where you tend to pile things up and sifting through it and getting it gone - this might combine easily with Returning 10 things to the place they belong - for me it's the corner of my dining room table :rolleyes)

Two Do List (this is whatever you have to do today, but you only choose the two most important - not a list of 10 or 15 things - it can be anything you want - time with God, time with your children, time for you, making a phone call, paying bills, going out for groceries, etc., etc., etc. If you finish these things, you can come back and post a second Two Do List if you want to / find it helps)

Daily Challenge - Spend some age-appropriate focused time with your children today - read a story or two, sing some songs, play on the floor, do an art project, hang out and talk - connect with your little one(s) and share what you all did here :heart

Daily Challenge - give God the best part of your day; may you be blessed by your daily time with Him :heart

Daily Challenge - a little ME time; give yourself a 15-minute break with permission to do *whatever* you want so you feel a bit renewed and refreshed

No Challenges Today :D

I'm hoping that this seems a bit more Baby Steps manageable. Let me know what you think so we can continue to tweak things . . . :heart

Naxi
02-07-2010, 10:06 PM
Yay, hey, hey... check it out! I just logged on to see what the challenge was today and look at what I can tick off already! (It is nearly 3pm here...) :cheer

Daily Activities:

5 minute challenge participation

laundry :rockon

Your new habit :rockon
Return 10 things to their appropriate homes (enlist your kids' help as appropriate) :sigh If I can clutter bust it, I will do this one...
20-minute kitchen recovery :rockon

Clutter Buster :nails Wah, wah, wah - do I have to?

Two Do List :rockon

Daily Challenge - Spend some age-appropriate focused time with your children today - read a story or two, sing some songs, play on the floor, do an art project, hang out and talk - connect with your little one(s) and share what you all did here :heart DS1 = :rockon DS2 all planned for wake-up

Daily Challenge - give God the best part of your day; may you be blessed by your daily time with Him :heart - scheduled

Daily Challenge - a little ME time; give yourself a 15-minute break with permission to do *whatever* you want so you feel a bit renewed and refreshed - hmm I guess this is it

Thanks, Judith! :heart

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 AM ----------

Update:

Daily Activities:

Return 10 things to their appropriate homes (enlist your kids' help as appropriate) :sigh If I can clutter bust it, I will do this one... :rockon DONE!!
Clutter Buster :nails Wah, wah, wah - do I have to?
:rockon DONE!!

Daily Challenge - Spend some age-appropriate focused time with your children today - read a story or two, sing some songs, play on the floor, do an art project, hang out and talk - connect with your little one(s) and share what you all did here :heart DS1 = :rockon DS2 all planned for wake-up

Thanks, Judith! :heart

erinee
02-07-2010, 10:06 PM
Daily Activities:

*5 minute challenge participation
*Laundry

Fold & put away laundry from weekend
Whites

*Your new habit

*Exercise

*Return 10 things to their appropriate homes

Work in dining room

*20-minute kitchen recovery
*Clutter Buster

Kitchen counter
Tables
Desk

*Two Do List

Plan Girl Scout meeting
Study, work on assignment

*Daily Challenge - Time with kids

Eat lunch at school with Megan
Reading with Zach

*Daily Challenge

One Year Bible readings and blog

*Daily Challenge - a little ME time

Read
Play piano
Computer

Englishgirl
02-08-2010, 01:50 AM
Morning :)

laundry
Your new habit
Return 10 things to their appropriate homes
20-minute kitchen recovery
Clutter Buster
Two Do List

Daily Challenge - Spend some age-appropriate focused time with your children today - read a story or two, sing some songs, play on the floor, do an art project, hang out and talk - connect with your little one(s) and share what you all did here :heart

Daily Challenge - give God the best part of your day; may you be blessed by your daily time with Him :heart

Daily Challenge - a little ME time; give yourself a 15-minute break with permission to do *whatever* you want so you feel a bit renewed and refreshed

Llee
02-08-2010, 07:07 AM
Daily Activities:

5 minute challenge participation Not doing. :)

laundry Do one complete load today. Wash, dry, fold, put away (and yes, I really do need to break it down that much in order to get it done!)

Your new habit Not too much time on FB.
Return 10 things to their appropriate homes Dressy Bessy and I already started on this one.
20-minute kitchen recovery Post chiro-visit.

Clutter Buster Clean off the kitchen table

Two Do List Set up account with chiro; vacuum master bedroom
Daily Kids Challenge - Will spend time reading and playing. Maybe even go out in the snow.
Daily God Challenge
Daily ME Challenge

HindsFeet
02-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Natalie - you go girl! :cheer :rockon

Just getting started on the day here - cold, dark and rainy isn't very motivating. :P~
Daily Activities:

laundry: put a load in the washer

Your new habit: took my supplements this morning
Return 10 things to their appropriate homes (enlist your kids' help as appropriate)

Clutter Buster : clean up my desk

Two Do List

get ready for doula prenatal
write out lesson plans for the week

jgenie
02-08-2010, 08:54 AM
5 minute challenge participation - paperwork
laundry - put away 2 loads
Return 10 things to their appropriate homes - paperwork
Two Do List - returned phone calls

Daily Challenge - wrestled with DS1

Daily Challenge - give God the best part of your day; may you be blessed by your daily time with Him

Daily Challenge - read blogs

inesperada
02-08-2010, 09:54 AM
5 minute challenge participation :tu
laundry Folded 2 and partially put away, one started
Your new habit
Return 10 things to their appropriate homes
Clutter Buster
Two Do List

Daily Challenge - Spend some age-appropriate focused time with your children today

Daily Challenge - give God the best part of your day

Daily Challenge - a little ME time; give yourself a 15-minute break

[/QUOTE]

filmgirl2911
02-08-2010, 10:50 AM
:cheer :cheer

Okay, Laura - it's like you are the NO Saints and the day is the Colts; everyone is saying the cold, rainy day is going to win, but you'll show them that you came to play - and WIN :grin

Okay - as a Patriot's fan here in Massachusetts, I had to have at least one moment of celebrating the Saints win - and I wanted to encourage you to do your best :grin

:cheer :cheer

my apologies and condolences to any / all Colts fans ;)

HindsFeet
02-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Well, my morning got derailed by finding out we are missing some paperwork that I desperately need, so I spent a lot of time looking for it and still haven't found it. :( But I still managed to get a lot done today.

Daily Activities:

5 minute challenge participation :yes

laundry :yes

Your new habit: took some of my supplements, anyway :shrug3

Return 10 things to their appropriate homes :yes

20-minute kitchen recovery :yes

Clutter Buster : clean up my desk :no

Two Do List

get ready for doula prenatal :yes

write out lesson plans for the week :yes

Daily Challenge - did my Bible reading :yes