PDA

View Full Version : PP help, what would you have them do?

swimming with sharks
02-05-2010, 07:17 AM
I'm trying to see whether we can swing having some household help come in once a week or possibly once every other week for a couple of months after the new kid arrives. I"m trying to come up with a list of what I'd like them to do so I have some idea when we talk prices. What would you have them do if they were coming once a week?

Bathrooms
Vacuum (each room)
change sheets
dishes
Garbage down to the street (we have a 300' driveway) - Yeah dh can do it, but it's one of those that I normally do and once he goes back to work I'm sure I'll have other things I want him to do inside with all of us. :)

Fold laundry :think she'd probably fold it wrong... :bag

:shrug3

prov31craftymom
02-05-2010, 07:22 AM
Bathroom
Vacuum (or for me, it would would be sweep and mop, as almost all my floors are tile)
Fold laundry
Dust (depending on where you live)

TuneMyHeart
02-05-2010, 07:26 AM
deep clean bathrooms
vacuum
mop
dust
clean kitchen counters (you'd have to have them decluttered first)
wipe off kitchen cabinets
change sheets

those things would be a huge help for me.

swimming with sharks
02-05-2010, 07:48 AM
deep clean bathrooms

change sheets

oh that would be a good one. I remember that I woke up several times with both children thinking I was swimming. Can we say OAL? :O

Sweet Life
02-05-2010, 08:01 AM
yup all of the above are what are on my list :yes

Aerynne
02-05-2010, 08:33 AM
Can you get someone who will do your dishes? That would be a big one for me. That and bathrooms.

inesperada
02-05-2010, 08:35 AM
Can you get someone who will do your dishes? That would be a big one for me. That and bathrooms.

I was going to say dishes, too. :shifty

Vicki_T
02-05-2010, 01:53 PM
For me, it was good to have help with dishes, laundry (hanging out on the line and ironing) and vacuuming/mopping floors.

Jeanette598
02-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Bathrooms, vacuuming, and changing sheets are the big ones for me. (Changing sheets is especially hard for me while babywearing ... the others I can do that way if necessary.) I'm not fond of having someone else do my laundry, for whatever reason. :shrug3

meredithmommy
02-05-2010, 07:23 PM
PP I would love to have help with-
sweeping/vacuuming/mopping
cleaning bathrooms
changing sheets and washing and putting away the dirty ones
catch up diaper laundry if needed
clean out the fridge of the stuff that gets pushed way in the back and forgotten:blush
general pick up of any older siblings bedrooms because toys scattered everywhere makes me feel claustrophobic and there is NOTHING like stepping on a little green army man at 3 am.

abh5e8
02-05-2010, 08:15 PM
sweeping/vacuuming/mopping
cleaning bathrooms
changing sheets and washing and putting away the dirty ones

:yes:yes these are the big things for me. dusting and windows/mirrors too