PDA

View Full Version : s/o dishwasher vents...dryer vents

swimming with sharks
02-03-2010, 10:17 AM
How do you remember to clean out the vent? :bag It doesn't have enough lint to remove it and clean it out EVERYTIME I do a load. But if I don't take it out until the 30th load there's too much....:shifty

:dohmaybe I could just do it ONCE a day. I do laundry on Monday and Tuesday and sometimes other days as well.

go about your day....nothing to see here. Wondering why I hit post :doh

Buela
02-03-2010, 10:23 AM
I think it is advised (I did a little google search yesterday) to do it yearly, so not so hard to remember -- maybe if you plan to do it every 6 months you will be safe LOL!

MomtoJGJ
02-03-2010, 10:35 AM
do you mean cleaning out the lint trap, the vent to the outside, or taking the lint trap out and doing a full complete cleaning???

Every time I put something in the dryer I clean the lint trap out... about once a year I'll vaccuum it out.... and I've never taken the hose thing out of the wall to clean there... I'll clean the outside vent whenever it seems to need it... I've never done it here, just because I don't see anything in it.

swimming with sharks
02-03-2010, 10:43 AM
uhhh I was talking just the lint trap. :giggle

Buela
02-03-2010, 10:48 AM
I thought we were talking about dishwashers?

Ha ha! I thought I was reading the other thread. Sorry folks, back to your regularly scheduled thread :)

Mashena
02-03-2010, 10:57 AM
I clean the lint trap on the dryer with every load - I always pull off the lint - no matter how little of it there is.

Drew
02-04-2010, 08:58 AM
I check the lint trap after every load and only clean when necessary.

The outside vent was a disaster when I first discovered that you needed to clean it.

hey mommy
02-04-2010, 09:06 AM
I clean it out every time I empty the dryer.

Julianne
02-04-2010, 09:08 AM
I don't have a dryer now, but when I did use a dryer I cleaned out the lint trap every load. I found it easier to remember if it was just part of the standard routine. Plus I'm a bit paranoid about easily preventable fire hazards.