PDA

View Full Version : Play Doh - d'oh!

Naxi
02-03-2010, 06:08 AM
What is it with this stuff? It looks so harmless, smiling at you in its pretty colours - but cleaning it up... OH BOY!

Anyway, we have parquetry floors, but now I just can't get them clean. How do you get all those bits of playdough off the floor? You know, the trodden, squashed bits. I am having no luck, and I can't work out why :shrug3

Right now, my floor is revolting (and I think my boys lie awake at night trying to work out new places to stuff bits of playdough... :giggle )

TIA

Nat

Radosny Matka
02-03-2010, 06:38 AM
ONce it's dry, it should just scrape up. Perhaps you could play at a table instead, or put a plastic sheet down on your floor first next time.

scrappyknits
02-03-2010, 09:15 AM
I think my boys lie awake at night trying to work out new places to stuff bits of playdough

:giggle
I'm no help, but I sure can sympathize! Our kitchen is the only place NOT carpeted, and you'd better believe that the fallen bits get trodden on into the carpet... yuck! not to mention trying to get it out of their CLOTHES when they drop it onto their chairs and SIT on it! :shrug3 It's a good thing we love them, eh?

Mama Rophe
02-03-2010, 09:19 AM
We only allow play doh at the table. Very rarely does it make it to the carpet, but I've found it pretty easy to clean up. Even after my youngest has had a ball jumping and grinding it into the carpet. :lol I let it dry and pry up as much as I can. Vaccuum and then just spend some extra time on it when I steam the carpets.

Naxi
02-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Actually, they are only supposed to use it at a table and it was never a problem with DS1, but since DS2 joined us *sigh* let's just say I have never met anyone like him. (Found playdough squished down the back of the lounge cushions last night...)

Um, the problem is on the parquetry it never seems to dry fully unless it goes like cement. All the putty dobs of it spread really thin and collect dirt and I can't seem to ever clean it all up. It is really :sick

meredithmommy
02-05-2010, 07:28 PM
We let it dry first and then scrape it up. (I might let noodles dry before I scrape them up too, that is if the dog doesn't eat them first:blush)

mellifera
02-05-2010, 10:47 PM
We let it dry first and then scrape it up. (I might let noodles dry before I scrape them up too, that is if the dog doesn't eat them first:blush)

If you were really lucky, the dog would eat the play-doh too. :P~

<-------- Play-doh eating dog.