PDA

View Full Version : Top Load High Efficiency Washer?

Monet
01-31-2010, 06:08 PM
Love it, hate it? Does it clean clothes well and are the clothes super wrinkled?

What brand/model? I have just a few days to decide...:scratch Thanks!

Weezie
01-31-2010, 07:40 PM
KEnmore Oasis. 2 or 3 years old (I think- maybe only 2) and I love it! I know people who have front loader HE washers, but I wanted top load, as I've used front loaders and water tends to leak out of it.

I work for Sears, so that's why we have the Kenmore. I :heart it. It can fit my entire hamper full in it, and it cuts down my cleaning time. It says to only use HE detergent or it voids the warranty, but we've used regular detergent in it and it's been fine- we only use a miniscule amount of regular though, compared to a full cup of HW.

TestifyToLove
01-31-2010, 07:53 PM
We have a Whirlpool Cabrio set. LOVE it. Absolutely LOVE it.

Naxi
02-07-2010, 05:14 AM
Sorry, Monet. This might be too late for you, but someone else might like to read it.

We have a Fisher and Paykel (can you get those in the US?) We have had it for a couple of years, but my sister just bought one new.

Mostly it is great. My pet peeve is that it doesn't rinse out "stuff". That means that if the kids have been playing in fresh cut grass or chunky mud or sand, it doesn't always get that out of the clothes. It is very good with dirt, 'though. ;)

I also don't like that it has a set 2-hour soak period, and if it is soaking and you need to put something else in it skips out of the soak and goes on to the wash.

Nat