PDA

View Full Version : Baby Steps Home Challenge - Monday, February 1

filmgirl2911
01-31-2010, 05:23 PM
Good Morning, Ladies :kiss

It's Monday, and we want to ease into the week gently :heart . I know that many of us need to play catch up on Mondays, so that is what today is geared towards.

Daily Activities:

5 minute challenge participation (ideally, this should help you with little tasks - most days there is a thread here on GCM and every time you see it come up, you are supposed to go do something that takes about 5 minutes - for some, this becomes too distracting b/c they stray to other areas on GCM and end up spending too much time. So, you can do your own version, or the one here - you choose)

laundry (this can be sorting, folding, putting away, actually doing a load or several, or just making sure that clothes are put where they go - hung up, in the laundry, in the drawer - the idea being that you don't wind up with overwhelming piles of laundry that you are trying to do all at one time - and some days, hey, you might not have anything to do here :tu)

Your new habit
Return 10 things to their appropriate homes (enlist your kids' help as appropriate)
20-minute kitchen recovery (I removed the dishes item, because I figure that falls here anyway - this is to help get dishes out of the sink, off the counters and to help with basic tidiness so *you* feel comfortable when you come into the kitchen)

Clutter Buster (this is basically choosing a hot spot where you tend to pile things up and sifting through it and getting it gone - this might combine easily with Returning 10 things to the place they belong - for me it's the corner of my dining room table :rolleyes)

Two Do List (this is whatever you have to do today, but you only choose the two most important - not a list of 10 or 15 things - it can be anything you want - time with God, time with your children, time for you, making a phone call, paying bills, going out for groceries, etc., etc., etc. If you finish these things, you can come back and post a second Two Do List if you want to / find it helps)

The RECOVERY items should include making the room comfortably presentable - if your spouse brought someone home unannounced or if a friend stopped by unexpectedly, you'd feel comfortable with the fact that your rooms have a basic tidiness to them :mrgreen

Daily Challenge - Spend some age-appropriate focused time with your children today - read a story or two, sing some songs, play on the floor, do an art project, hang out and talk - connect with your little one(s) and share what you all did here :heart

Daily Challenge - A new habit - giving God the best part of your day - through prayer and reading His Word and quiet time; may you be blessed by your daily time with Him :heart

Challenge - a little bathroom TLC :)

Today, just hit the hot spots:

the inside and outside of the toilet bowl
the sink / vanity - clear the area around the sink / wipe it down

I'm hoping that this seems a bit more Baby Steps manageable. Let me know what you think so we can continue to tweak things . . . :heart

inesperada
01-31-2010, 06:19 PM
:hiding

charla
01-31-2010, 06:32 PM
Daily Activities:

5 minute challenge participation

laundry

Your new habit
Return 10 things to their appropriate homes
20-minute kitchen recovery
Clutter Buster
Two Do List
reserve library books
grocery list
guest room recovery

Daily Challenge - Spend some age-appropriate focused time with your children today - read a story or two, sing some songs, play on the floor, do an art project, hang out and talk - connect with your little one(s) and share what you all did here

Daily Challenge - A new habit - giving God the best part of your day - through prayer and reading His Word and quiet time; may you be blessed by your daily time with Him

Challenge - a little bathroom TLC

Llee
02-01-2010, 07:57 AM
Daily Activities:

laundry
Your new habit
20-minute kitchen recovery~ done for now!

Clutter Buster
Two Do List
Contact bank re: missing bank card and setting up online banking Pay mortgage

Daily Challenge - Spend time with Dressy Bessy.

Daily Challenge - A new habit - giving God the best part of your day - through prayer and reading His Word and quiet time; may you be blessed by your daily time with Him

HindsFeet
02-01-2010, 09:38 AM
I'm in today! :tu My house definitely needs recovery today as I was at a birth yesterday (hooray for VBAC!).

My two dos:
-Pay bills
-Write up birth notes

Llee
02-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Daily Activities:

laundry
Your new habit
20-minute kitchen recovery~ done for now!

Clutter Buster
Two Do List
Contact bank re: missing bank card and setting up online banking Pay mortgage

Daily Challenge - Spend time with Dressy Bessy.

DaltonsMomma
02-01-2010, 02:09 PM
I'm trying this again. I gave up because I couldn't keep up and I can't stand doing something I'm not good at :blush. And yet my house looked better when I was participating. I shall try not to drive myself crazy this time. :bag

Daily Activities:
laundry :yes
Your new habit - my new habit is going to be taking out the garbage. It was my son's chore, but he traded me for vacuuming the living room and the hall. :rockon I totally got the better end of that trade.
Return 10 things to their appropriate homes (enlist your kids' help as appropriate) :yes
20-minute kitchen recovery
Clutter Buster :yes

Two Do List
1. mop kitchen
2. go visit G-ma at the nursing home

Daily Challenge - Spend some age-appropriate focused time with your children today - read a story or two, sing some songs, play on the floor, do an art project, hang out and talk - connect with your little one(s) and share what you all did here

Challenge - a little bathroom TLC :yes
the inside and outside of the toilet bowl :yes
the sink / vanity - clear the area around the sink / wipe it down :yes

filmgirl2911
02-01-2010, 04:15 PM
:poke

how's your Monday going?

I've gotten the kitchen recovery and some laundry sorting / folding done :tu

I haven't hit the bathroom yet - I'd really like to get the toilet bowl done before I call it quits on the Home Challenge front :yes

I should post my Two Dos, but I can say that for me those are helpful - especially right now in putting together things I need to do to get ready for the last two months before the new baby gets here :)

Okay - just wanted to check in with my own status and a little :poke for those who may need it :heart

Llee
02-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the poke!

The kitchen has been recovered, partially. BUT! I did go through ALL of the baby/Dressy Bessy clothing we have and sorted it out (sizes newborn through 5T) and dh is going to take it downstairs for storage. Pulled out her things that are fitting now and put away stuff that's too small. Am getting rid of a whole garbage bag of clothing of assorted sizes on Freecycle! So that was what I did today. Phew! Nesting part one done. Now to pick out paint colors for the house...

filmgirl2911
02-01-2010, 06:13 PM
:cheer

yay Loralee! Nothing feels better than clearing things out and making space :tu

Llee
02-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Well, I don't know how much space I'm actually making, but at least now it's organized space. :giggle For now.