PDA

View Full Version : My new brownie variation

jewelmcjem
01-30-2010, 06:19 PM
:brownies We wanted to make some brownies (because our grocery situation is saaaad and we were not thrilled with dinner), and after we got the oil, eggs, sugar, and cocoa all mixed up, I discovered we were out of vanilla. We've substitued almond flavoring before, but I couldn't find that either. So I joked "We could use a teaspoon of vanilla vodka!" Glancing around to see what else I could use, I saw the Irish Cream (Bailey's knockoff brand) sitting on top of the fridge. "Hmmmmm," I thought. So we stirred in one tsp of Irish Creme. Oh My Goodness, that is yummy! So, our new variation, Irish Cream Brownies! We may never go back to vanilla!

swimming with sharks
01-30-2010, 06:25 PM
:yum brownies sound yummy!!

cobluegirl
01-30-2010, 07:20 PM
hehe..yummy.

I took some cream cheese and mixed it with hot fudge and then poured brownie mix over it and baked it like that the other night... it was good.

jewelmcjem
01-30-2010, 07:30 PM
Oh, I have an INCREDIBLE cherries and cream cheese brownie recipe. It's way too rich, but oh so good!

SouthPaw
01-30-2010, 07:32 PM
YUM! I love experimenting with brownies. Last time it was throwing in dark chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, pecans, and walnuts. They did not last very long. :shifty

Teacher Mom
01-31-2010, 04:14 AM
we always put in chocolate chips and people rave about them.

I have also put frosting on them, but man is that some serious chocolate.....

I will have to try some kaluhua next time........:P~

BearyBlessed
01-31-2010, 05:35 AM
Mmmm, Bailey's....

I'll have to try that soon. :yum

swimming with sharks
01-31-2010, 05:40 AM
Oh, I have an INCREDIBLE cherries and cream cheese brownie recipe. It's way too rich, but oh so good!

I think it goes against the Statement of Beliefs on this board for you to post what I've quoted above and NOT include the recipe. :giggle I thought I'd point that out to you so you don't get in trouble or anything. :shrug3;):angel1 <---that's me the angel :kiss

jewelmcjem
02-01-2010, 07:22 AM
I think it goes against the Statement of Beliefs on this board for you to post what I've quoted above and NOT include the recipe. :giggle I thought I'd point that out to you so you don't get in trouble or anything. :shrug3;):angel1 <---that's me the angel :kiss

I'll dig it out tonight!!! Or maybe I'll find the blog I got it from.

FOUND IT:

http://atypicalife.net/blog/2007/10/04/cream-cheese-brownies/