PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Washer/Dryer Front Load?

Monet
01-29-2010, 10:33 PM
I'm looking at front load washer/dryer sets, what's your favorite? And why? :ty2

crunchymum
01-29-2010, 10:42 PM
I don't know what my favorite would be, but I *hate* ours. :( we have an LG TROMM. :td

Monet
01-29-2010, 10:45 PM
LG was my top choice, what do you hate about it? Thanks!

Aerynne
01-29-2010, 10:57 PM
I love our bosch 3300 series dryer, but don't have the matching washer (yet.)

crunchymum
01-30-2010, 12:37 AM
LG was my top choice, what do you hate about it? Thanks!

the one we got looks pretty, but we've had terrible issues with it not draining right and now all of our clothes smell nasty. :( there's a class action lawsuit going on right now, for what they say is a faulty design (too small of drainage holes). we had people stay with us recently, and they ended up taking their clothes to the laundrymat so they wouldn't stink. i've tried every possible "fix" (including completely taking the machine apart and cleaning it thoroughly) to no avail. :sigh i'll never willingly buy an LG appliance again. :no

MaybeGracie
01-30-2010, 12:37 AM
The kind that's not front loading? :shifty We had one for a few months and I hated it. Absolutely hated it. I'm so so happy to have a top loading washer again.

But that's no help to you. :O Sorry. I can't even remember what brand it was, though I'm thinking Whirpool.

JenLovie
01-30-2010, 02:27 AM
We have a Bosch set. They're over 5 years old and we're very pleased with them. They won't stack, which would have been a nice option. Whatever you get, make sure you get the pedestels. We finally got them when I was pregnant and they make all the difference.

mrsd
01-30-2010, 07:23 AM
MY SIL has a front load and does not like it.
I had a top load that lasted 25 years, it still worked when we gave it to a family.
Good story with that:
I called every charity, thrift store etc, saying I had a washer and dryer to donate. Everyone seemed interested, but needed to arrange pick up, and ssaid they'd call back. After about 3 weeks, no one called back. Then I was in the kitchen at church and a man was telling another man he was desparate for a washer and dryer for his wife, but couldn't pay more than a couple hundred for a used set.
It was such a joy to tell him he could have a set for FREE if he'd just come get it.
The family still has the set. It has to be going on 30 years old.

Monet
01-30-2010, 10:31 AM
the one we got looks pretty, but we've had terrible issues with it not draining right and now all of our clothes smell nasty. :( there's a class action lawsuit going on right now, for what they say is a faulty design (too small of drainage holes). we had people stay with us recently, and they ended up taking their clothes to the laundrymat so they wouldn't stink. i've tried every possible "fix" (including completely taking the machine apart and cleaning it thoroughly) to no avail. :sigh i'll never willingly buy an LG appliance again. :no

Thank you Jen! Is yours the steam wash? Your input helped rule out your washing machine. I'm so sorry you have had to deal with stinky clothes :hugheart. I hope it's resolved quickly for your family.

What are the best front load washer/dryer sets? Obviously not the LG Tromm.

Is it worth getting the steam wash and steam dry?

liamum
01-30-2010, 10:34 AM
I have had Whirlpool Duet and have loved it!

CindyLou3
01-30-2010, 12:08 PM
We have a whirlpool front loader and do not care for it. Smelly clothes and we have frequent problems with it from error codes to door not latching. We have had ours for about 4-5 years so maybe the newer ones are better.

Monet
01-30-2010, 01:25 PM
For those of you that your love your washer/dryer is it a front loader? And which brand and model? Thanks!

I'm beginning to see a stink pattern in front loads and just found this online confirming a common problem with all front loading machines.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33997384/ns/business-personal_finance/

So now I'm wondering if I should purchase a non-front loading washer....:scratch

mackinsiesmom
01-30-2010, 02:38 PM
We have a Kenmore Elite and I love it. I have had it for 4 1/2 years and I have washed everything from diapers to bedding in it. I haven't had any problems with smelly clothes but we do leave the door to the washer open to air out. DH is wanted us to sell it when we move so its one less thing we have to move but I told him no. Our old washer and dryer were a cheap top loader that shredded clothes like crazy.

ETA: We have an HE 4t

Drew
02-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Thank you Jen! Is yours the steam wash? Your input helped rule out your washing machine. I'm so sorry you have had to deal with stinky clothes :hugheart. I hope it's resolved quickly for your family.

What are the best front load washer/dryer sets? Obviously not the LG Tromm.

Is it worth getting the steam wash and steam dry?

FWIW We have the LG TROMM steam washer (if I recall correctly Jen's is a different model) and we love it. No stink issues at all.

crunchymum
02-01-2010, 10:31 AM
No, I don't have a steam washer. :no