PDA

View Full Version : Baby Steps Home Challenge - Friday, January 29

filmgirl2911
01-28-2010, 07:40 PM
Good Morning, Ladies :kiss

Okay - so you can click here (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=343482) if you are still working on the kitchen. Otherwise, Challenge 2 remains below.

It's Friday - so we'll work on whatever we can do from these, and then on Monday - look for big changes :) in how the challenge is presented :heart

Daily Activities (this will be tweaked a bit starting next week; use it as a jumping off point):

5 minute challenge participation
dishes (at least some, probably as part of the kitchen recovery)
laundry (at least some)
Your new habit
Return 10 things to their appropriate homes, enlist your kids' help as appropriate
20-minute kitchen recovery - we probably don't really need this given all the cleaning we'll be doing here today :giggle

20-minute living space recovery
15-minute bathroom recovery
Clutter Busters
Two Do List

The RECOVERY items should include making the room comfortably presentable - if your spouse brought someone home unannounced or if a friend stopped by unexpectedly, you'd feel comfortable with the fact that your rooms have a basic tidiness to them :mrgreen

Challenge - a little dusting, decluttering sweeping and / or vacuuming - we will work on this challenge today and tomorrow, so don't feel as if you have to do it all today :no

okay - I don't know about you, but it's been a while since I've dusted the baseboards here - and they show it :bag SO, let's start at the bottom today and spend a little time chasing out the dust bunnies on the baseboards (feel free to let the kids help with a sock on their hand or a Swiffer)
check any obvious surfaces in the main living spaces where you spend your time - could they use a little bit of dusting or clutter clearing? Pick at least three spots and put on a song or two and see what you can do; and if they've had clutter on them, consider a quick dusting after you get rid of the clutter
let's tackle the floors in the main living spaces (dining rooms, living rooms, family rooms); first, can you see them or are they covered up in spots with things that don't belong in the room? Then, it's time to swiffer, sweep or vacuum those rooms.

Again - these are not something to tackle in an all-at-once mode. Break it down into Baby Steps - set a timer or put a couple of songs on, do some cleaning and then, take a break (see the part about time for you and time for God and time for kiddo below :grin)

Daily Challenge - And don't forget to spend some focused time with your little ones today - read a story or two, sing some songs, play on the floor - connect with your little one(s) :heart

Daily Challenge - And, the new habit - giving God part of the best part of your day - through prayer and reading His Word :amen

prov31craftymom
01-29-2010, 10:46 AM
I'm going to spend a day of 5 min challenges, and we'll see what all I can get done.

filmgirl2911
01-29-2010, 12:18 PM
I'm going to spend a day of 5 min challenges, and we'll see what all I can get done.

:tu

RiverRock
01-29-2010, 01:29 PM
I'll join you Judith. I have a good solid hour to devote to this and see what I can get done!

Daily Activities (this will be tweaked a bit starting next week; use it as a jumping off point):

laundry (at least some)
Your new habit - Bible Reading
Return 10 things to their appropriate homes, enlist your kids' help as appropriate
20-minute kitchen recovery - we probably don't really need this given all the cleaning we'll be doing here today :giggle

Clutter Busters - laundry room counter
Two Do List -put recycling and donations into car then deliver them
The RECOVERY items should include making the room comfortably presentable - if your spouse brought someone home unannounced or if a friend stopped by unexpectedly, you'd feel comfortable with the fact that your rooms have a basic tidiness to them :mrgreen

Challenge - a little dusting, decluttering sweeping and / or vacuuming - we will work on this challenge today and tomorrow, so don't feel as if you have to do it all today :no

okay - I don't know about you, but it's been a while since I've dusted the baseboards here - and they show it :bag SO, let's start at the bottom today and spend a little time chasing out the dust bunnies on the baseboards (feel free to let the kids help with a sock on their hand or a Swiffer)
check any obvious surfaces in the main living spaces where you spend your time - could they use a little bit of dusting or clutter clearing? Pick at least three spots and put on a song or two and see what you can do; and if they've had clutter on them, consider a quick dusting after you get rid of the clutter
let's tackle the floors in the main living spaces (dining rooms, living rooms, family rooms); first, can you see them or are they covered up in spots with things that don't belong in the room? Then, it's time to swiffer, sweep or vacuum those rooms.

Again - these are not something to tackle in an all-at-once mode. Break it down into Baby Steps - set a timer or put a couple of songs on, do some cleaning and then, take a break (see the part about time for you and time for God and time for kiddo below :grin)

Daily Challenge - And don't forget to spend some focused time with your little ones today - read a story or two, sing some songs, play on the floor - connect with your little one(s) :heart

Daily Challenge - And, the new habit - giving God part of the best part of your day - through prayer and reading His Word :amen

charla
01-29-2010, 03:45 PM

laundry (at least some)
Your new habit

Clutter Busters
Two Do List - church work, pay bills

Daily Challenge - And don't forget to spend some focused time with your little ones today - read a story or two, sing some songs, play on the floor - connect with your little one(s)

Daily Challenge - And, the new habit - giving God part of the best part of your day - through prayer and reading His Word

HindsFeet
01-29-2010, 04:49 PM
Sorry I've been AWOL the past couple of days. Family life has been crazy here, and I have a VBAC mama (doula client) simmering, so I'm trying to make sure everything is ready to go! I'm just trying to maintain things around here, and hope to jump back in next week.

prov31craftymom
01-29-2010, 07:55 PM
Kitchen is clean an dliving room picked up and floor swept. Washing dipes and I'm done!

HindsFeet
01-29-2010, 10:15 PM
:woohoo - Go you!

I made more play doh today. :shifty