PDA

View Full Version : Babysteppers - Come back!!

HindsFeet
01-26-2010, 08:11 PM
All right, all you Baby Steps Home Blessing Challenge ladies - where have you gone?? We're still hanging in there (with big kudos to filmgirl2911 and prov31craftymom for posting the challenges), but we could sure use some extra support and encouragement. That sort of thing is a lot more fun and motivating when there is a larger group of people who :poke you throughout the day. So - if you used to be with us, please consider coming back. And new folks are welcome as well.

Tomorrow's thread can be found here:
http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=343260

HindsFeet
01-27-2010, 12:39 PM
:bump
I KNOW you're out there! You can't hide forever. :wink

kwisie
01-27-2010, 12:43 PM
But I am hiding! :bag

inesperada
01-27-2010, 12:45 PM
There are way too many daily activities for me. :bag

erinee
01-27-2010, 01:06 PM
Yesterday was a supremely busy day with a doctor's appointment, half day subbing, and Zach's recital review to prepare him for solo & ensemble Saturday. Monday I was terribly sore from doing yard work all day Sunday (we got our leaves all raked before snow flew but didn't get them picked up -- with the brief thaw we had we decided to get out there and get it done, and it's a huge job), so I was completely and utterly lazy other than planning for the Girl Scout meeting that night. I know, excuses, excuses. :O

But I'm back to it today! :)

hey mommy
01-27-2010, 02:19 PM
here sort of

Just looked at the list.. WAY too much for me right now too... But I'll strive to do half of it....

HindsFeet
01-27-2010, 04:08 PM
The dailies did go up recently - you could definitely skip the multiple "recovery" ones if you need to. And that goes for all of it, really - I almost never finish the list, and don't see many others manage that either. It's just a prompt for me to at least do what I can, and commiserate with others who struggle with housecleaning.

DragonfliiMama
01-27-2010, 09:25 PM
I dropped when we moved because, well, I kind of don't have a house to clean anymore... :-/ I'm mostly just maintaining our bedroom and laundry - that might be changing soon, and if it does, then I'll probably come back. But I just don't see much point to it when I only have one bedroom to take care of. :shrug

HindsFeet
01-27-2010, 09:51 PM
:yes That definitely makes sense!

Llee
01-27-2010, 10:11 PM
I wanted to do it this week but um, pregnancy is catching up with me and I have NO energy. The house is a wreck (but not a nasty one, just extremely untidy). The dishes aren't getting done until morning when Dressy Bessy is eating breakfast. But at least I'm not letting them pile up for days on end! :O But when I get energy back, I'll be back on the bandwagon. I do read every day, but don't have energy to post what I've done.

filmgirl2911
01-28-2010, 04:08 AM
The dailies are definitely just a suggested jumping off point :yes

It's a way to try and maintain some tidiness and / or order when there is little time to focus on a lot of cleaning.

Trust me, folks - I post the lists, but I don't get much of any of it done these days. I just look around at the things I think I *should* do that day and list those out. And I try to consider that I won't get all of it done, so I spread the challenges out over a couple of days.

But, I agree that the dailies probably need some tweaking, so look for that to happen next week :yes

Thanks, HindsFeet for this thread :heart

inesperada
01-28-2010, 10:37 AM
The dailies did go up recently - you could definitely skip the multiple "recovery" ones if you need to. And that goes for all of it, really - I almost never finish the list, and don't see many others manage that either. It's just a prompt for me to at least do what I can, and commiserate with others who struggle with housecleaning.

I know. But I'm a list finisher. If I see a list that overwhelms me, I don't tend to pick away at it, I tend to ignore it. :)

filmgirl2911
01-28-2010, 10:40 AM
I know. But I'm a list finisher. If I see a list that overwhelms me, I don't tend to pick away at it, I tend to ignore it. :)

I can tell you that starting next week, the list of dailies will be a bit different (and hopefully not so overwhelming ;)) And it's important to note that sometimes the list under a challenge is absolutely intended to span at least two, maybe three days. If it helps, I may keep the list in a document on my computer and just post portions of it in the daily thread :yes

Anyway - check out the Baby Step Challenge next week and see what you think :heart

inesperada
01-28-2010, 10:46 AM
I will. :)

RooMama
01-28-2010, 10:50 AM

I'm the same way. :bag