PDA

View Full Version : New Windows!

Can'tTurnLeft
01-22-2010, 09:27 AM
Right now, I'm getting new windows. Energy efficent super awesome windows that I am so excited about! WOOT. Bye bye 1963 windows that were literally falling out in one instance.

HomeWithMyBabies
01-22-2010, 09:31 AM
:rockon

Dh was going to be installing ours last summer but then he wound up getting surgery and all that. I am sooooo excited for when he can put them in! Most of ours are in such bad shape they won't even stay open. :lol

Can'tTurnLeft
01-22-2010, 09:50 AM
:rockon

Dh was going to be installing ours last summer but then he wound up getting surgery and all that. I am sooooo excited for when he can put them in! Most of ours are in such bad shape they won't even stay open. :lol

Ours too. The window in the kids room was literally falling out! The one in the dining room wouldn't stay open and the one in the kitchen wouldn't open at all. I cannot wait to have fresh air! Not to mention reduced heating and cooling bills!

Charlie U
01-22-2010, 10:05 AM
:rockon I love our new windows!

swimming with sharks
01-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Hurray for new windows, we got our this summer!! :rockon

tigerlily
01-22-2010, 10:20 AM
I loved having new windows!:rockon I would have liked it more if Lucy hadn't been 2 weeks old and it was the middle of Feb. ;)

I noticed the house being so much quieter after they were installed -- I couldn't even hear rainstorms anymore.:jawdrop

klpmommy
01-22-2010, 10:26 AM
new windows are great. We have the really good ones in our home & I am amazed at how much they deflected the heat & sun this summer!

HomeWithMyBabies
02-04-2010, 07:28 AM
How are you liking them?

I thought of this thread yesterday when Dh came home from his EPA training. You got your windows at a good time...when the lead laws come into effect in April Dh says the estimate for a window replacement job in an older home (before '78 I think) with kids under six living there is going to go up by at least $150...and that is PER WINDOW! :jawdrop

Can'tTurnLeft
02-04-2010, 07:45 AM
LOVE THEM! My hair doesn't blow when I stand in front of my dining room window anymore. Our heat doesn't come on nearly as much. And they look so much nicer than those old single paned aluminum windows.

HomeWithMyBabies
02-04-2010, 08:01 AM
LOVE THEM! My hair doesn't blow when I stand in front of my dining room window anymore.

:haha

These windows can't go in soon enough for me. Our oil bill was ridiculous last month so I turned the heat waaaaaay down and it is freezing in here. Especially in the living room where the windows are actually wet. :dohAs soon as I see daffodils peeking out of the ground I will declare it window time.

WanderingJuniper
02-04-2010, 08:15 AM
Ooh, so jealous.

We have ours scheduled for April. At least to finish the upstairs and replace our back sliding door. I'm really tired of the kids writing in the ice that has formed on the inside of their windows overnight. They weren't that bad last year.

I'd love to have the kitchen window done too but I just don't think I can swing a greenhouse window that large at the moment and that is what I really really really want. Oh the dream of an herb garden year round.

Peacemama
02-04-2010, 08:25 AM
Hooray!!! We got new ones 2 years ago, ours were the original windows in a 105 year old house :O quite a few had fallen out. What a huge difference! You will be pleasantly surprised!!

eoconnel
02-04-2010, 08:41 AM
We love our new windows that we got 2 years ago too! Ours were still the original ones from when the house was built in 1923.