PDA

View Full Version : 2 ? - shower and hardwood cleaning

monkeylicious
01-22-2010, 07:38 AM
question #1 how do you clean your hardwood floors? your regular routine and mess clean-up?

questin #2 I'm starting FlyLady as I get my new house in order, and see that in her zone cleaning schedule for the bathrooms it says to wax the shower/tub (but not the floor) does this help it stay clean because the water runs off better? can i do it on my tile and glass door/enclosure? what do i use - turtle wax from the auto department or do they sell wax in the cleaning aisle?

thanks for any help!

Drew
01-23-2010, 11:56 PM
I vacuum our hardwood, using the vacuum's bare floor setting, every few days. I clean/mop the floor about once a month with Method's Good for Wood (smells yummy) and a microfiber mop. I also spot clean as needed. That's usually only necessary in the winter when salt gets tracked in.

No idea about the bathroom waxing.

monkeylicious
01-24-2010, 06:03 AM
thank you - someone IRL suggested orangeglo system - which has a microfiber mop-head for dusting and mopping, but when that solution is gone, i'll try the method brand :yes

PurpleButterfly
01-24-2010, 06:14 AM
I sweep our hardwoods every couple of days, and every other week I use my steam pocket mop to sanitize and clean them.

I've never waxed a shower but it sounds like a really good idea to do after a deep clean! :tu This article says to use car wax on the walls of an acrylic shower:

http://www.housekeepingchannel.com/a_809-Royal_Flush_Bathroom_Cleaning_Tips