PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, no detergent? Do these work?

jewelmcjem
01-21-2010, 10:04 AM
http://reusablebags.typepad.com/blog/2009/12/chemicalfree-laundry-ball-does-it-work-1.html

She says they do, I am so skeptical!

Raspberries
01-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Is it saying it basically beats the dirt and grime out as it spins and turns? I mean, I can see how that would work, but I'm curious about the size of the balls, etc.

TuneMyHeart
01-21-2010, 10:17 AM
:popcorn

I bought some dryer balls and they're completely worthless. :(

jewelmcjem
01-21-2010, 10:20 AM
Is it saying it basically beats the dirt and grime out as it spins and turns? I mean, I can see how that would work, but I'm curious about the size of the balls, etc.

It's supposed to be some kind of molecular ionic something or other.
The ball’s unique molecular ionization process breaks down water molecules, enabling them to penetrate fibers and wash more effectively. Plus, the negative ions emitted by the laundry ball help loosen dirt, so it’s removed easily – without any chemicals or detergent!

I love my dryer balls, although I've read the plastic they're made of isn't all that environmentally friendly.

TuneMyHeart
01-21-2010, 10:21 AM
why do my dryer balls not work? :scratch

jewelmcjem
01-21-2010, 10:40 AM
Well, I have to admit that they don't completely eliminate static. My clothes are soft though, and less staticky than with nothing at all.

TuneMyHeart
01-21-2010, 10:42 AM
I thought they were supposed to eliminate static. But mine definitely don't do that...

jewelmcjem
01-21-2010, 10:43 AM
Well, mine do as well as dryer sheets. Nothing really completely eliminates static for me. I'd like to try wool dryer balls sometime.

Bonnie
01-21-2010, 11:06 AM
Dryer balls, IME, don't do diddly for static. :giggle I use them for faster drying and fluffier towels, which they make a HUGE difference for. :tu I just live with the static, since I refuse to use chemical softeners or dryer sheets. :shrug

BlessedBlue
01-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Dryer balls, IME, don't do diddly for static. :giggle I use them for faster drying and fluffier towels, which they make a HUGE difference for. :tu I just live with the static, since I refuse to use chemical softeners or dryer sheets. :shrug

:think I don't remember anti-static being a claim of dryer balls.

But if you take two large pieces of foil and ball them up - you will have anti-static dryer balls! It must be two or more - if you use only one, you won't have enough grounding power.

Lady TS
01-21-2010, 11:31 AM
The dryer balls I got worked ok but broke after just a few months. A waste of money, IMO. I might just try tennis balls or the aluminum foil trick...or try my hand at making dryer balls from old sweaters. :think

I've seen those ionic ball thingies but I am skeptical too.

milkmommy
01-21-2010, 11:36 AM
my MIL uses these magnatic things instead of detergent. They work "okay" I think if your just needing to freshen up cothes not trying to do stain removeal or have a kid ;) they are fine but they so do Not remove stains..

Deanna