PDA

View Full Version : need "leaky" beanbag solution

joystrength
01-15-2010, 12:00 PM
We have two beanbags that "leak" the little white beadlike stuffing pieces. I've reinforced the zippers twice. STILL, when the kids bounce on them or just sit, the white pieces leak out.

I want to keep the bags. REally. The kiddos love them. BUT, inside snow's a no go! HA!

What I'd like is to just encase the bags in some sort of cover/bag, etc. The zippers are sewn shut, so I can't just take off the cover that is on them and put another closed. I mean REALLY sewn shut .... TIGHTLY. Ripping the stitches would be a night mare.

Any ideas? GIANT drawstring bags?

I have a sewing machine, still in the box :O. don't know how to use it. TOTALLY intend to, though. WOuld something like this be a good first project?

Any other ideas or links?

Castle On A Cloud
01-15-2010, 08:04 PM
IDK, i have the same problem, so the beanbag is away for now. I wonder if you could make some sort of slip cover type thing. I do not think that is would be too hard to sew together:)

Quiteria
01-15-2010, 09:23 PM
:shifty

duct tape over the zipper?

:shifty

Firebird Rising
01-15-2010, 09:33 PM
those little balls are a huge choking hazard. I would look for different bags. we got ours at target or walmart when Eli was born and haven't had trouble w. it.

Jen :nak