PDA

View Full Version : Total House Overhaul Today....

Close2MyHeart
01-13-2010, 06:57 AM
I'm SOOO sick of the mess that we just haven't been able to keep up w/ or overcome since Christmas. So I declared today a "no school" day and we're all going to work our tails off to get the house back in order. I just CANNOT stand the mess any longer. :hissyfit

Anyone else still muddling in the mess of the Holidays? The tree/decorations have been down since the first, but I'm talking about the clutter that comes from being too busy to keep up w/ it during the Holiday season. Boxes everywhere, papers needing to be sorted, the children haven't been cleaning their rooms thoroughly... it's just soo messy in here it's hard to relax!

Mama Calidad
01-13-2010, 08:00 AM
Let us know how you do! :hug :heart

RiverRock
01-13-2010, 08:58 AM
:raise Yesterday was that day for me. I was muddling in mess, too. I still have a lot of dusting to do, and I need to get my daytimer/household planner for 2010 started...but one day of focusing on the house made an increadible difference.

klpmommy
01-13-2010, 01:51 PM
:shifty

RiverRock
01-13-2010, 01:55 PM
:shifty
:giggle You crack me up, Kimberly!

Becca, how's it going for you?

Close2MyHeart
01-13-2010, 01:58 PM
:giggle Kimberly :)

It's going well. :yes My room is done... and that was a biggy! The kitchen has a few more dishes, but otherwise done. The kids all did there rooms and I'm actually amazed at how well they did. Right down to dusting & vacuuming. :tu I'm still stuck in MNT laundry tho. :bag I have about 6 loads to fold and a few more in the washer/dryer/needing to be washed. :banghead I hate laundry.

Elora
01-13-2010, 02:02 PM
yes. and i'm so tired i can't do anything. including eating right which would help my energy level ...but i don't have the energy

vicious cycle :P

BHope
01-13-2010, 02:44 PM
We're having a big house overhaul here as well. I'm sooo over the clutter. Plus, I'd like my guest room back. :shifty If Dh would ever come home, I have TONS of boxes for him to take the the garage (yes, I realize I'm just shifting it). Hopefully this spring, when it's nice out, I can sort those boxes. But for now, I just need it out of my house.

RiverRock
01-13-2010, 02:55 PM
Glad to hear that your kids helped out. :tu Are they helping with laundry, too? :hug

abh5e8
01-13-2010, 03:07 PM
I'm SOOO sick of the mess that we just haven't been able to keep up w/ or overcome since Christmas. So I declared today a "no school" day and we're all going to work our tails off to get the house back in order. I just CANNOT stand the mess any longer. :hissyfit

Anyone else still muddling in the mess of the Holidays? The tree/decorations have been down since the first, but I'm talking about the clutter that comes from being too busy to keep up w/ it during the Holiday season. Boxes everywhere, papers needing to be sorted, the children haven't been cleaning their rooms thoroughly... it's just soo messy in here it's hard to relax!

:shifty yes...me too.

(yes, I realize I'm just shifting it)...But for now, I just need it out of my house.

i do the same thing with the basement. haul it all down there then when the mountains are high, let the kids come down with me and run around and play while is sort thru all of it and get it put away. dh thinks this is a CRAZY way to handle the clutter, but it actually works well for me. :)