PDA

View Full Version : my homemade laundry detergent . . .

Buela
01-11-2010, 11:47 AM
has gelled overnight into an almost solid! Has this happened to anyone? Is there anything I can do to salvage the concoction? If I just add a little water will it loosen up?

I must have done something wrong this time . . . :giggle

jenn3514
01-11-2010, 01:53 PM
No advice, but it has happened to me also, so I'm hoping you get an answer....

Buela
01-11-2010, 02:07 PM
:bump

Anybody? 'Cause I can't do my laundry or even get the stuff out of the tub-- I used a funnel to get it in and now it is a giant blob of soap!
Sigh. I have to find another container to make another batch because if this isn't salvageable, neither is the container

mamapotomus
01-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Mine usualy does this..... is yours scoopable? If it is then I wouldn't worry about it just mush it up with your fingers when you put it in the wash. I keep my detergent on top of my dryer and it gets liquidy again, so maybe if you can heat it up somehow it will liquify a little bit for you :shrug3

Mama Rophe
01-11-2010, 02:12 PM
I would say heating it up somehow so you can pour it out.

jrsmama
01-12-2010, 03:19 PM
I don't know what you keep yours in. I tried keeping mine in a container with a narrow opening and found that doesn't work. I now keep mine in a big recycled kitty litter bucket.

I used a metal ladle and swish it around to break it up. THen I hold my scoop under the running water to loosen it up a little as it goes into the washer.

Right now, add some warm water and shake or stir.