PDA

View Full Version : cinnamon roll help

Naked Camper
12-24-2009, 08:03 AM
I am planning on making cinnamon rolls for tomorrow morning. How early can I start these without killing the yeast? I was thinking I could start the dough later this afternoon and let it rise in the fridge while we are at my IL's for Christmas Eve celebrations, and then when we get home tonight I can shape them and add the cinnamon, etc. (it'd be 11pm-ish by this point) Can I then put them in the pan and put that back in the fridge till morning? Or am I leaving too much time there and risk killing my yeast? :nails

Raspberries
12-24-2009, 08:05 AM
I plan on making my cinnamon rolls and then sticking them in the fridge overnight too. From what I understand (based on the recipe I'm reading) that seems to be a-okay.

Naked Camper
12-24-2009, 08:11 AM
i know you can leave bread overnight to rise - it's recommended by some - slower rise makes smaller bubbles, aka better texture in your bread. But thanks, that helps to hear someone else say it's okay :giggle

Raspberries
12-24-2009, 08:13 AM
i know you can leave bread overnight to rise - it's recommended by some - slower rise makes smaller bubbles, aka better texture in your bread. But thanks, that helps to hear someone else say it's okay :giggle
Also to mention, I'm not sure if it makes a difference that my recipe is GF. I don't yet know all the "rules" :lol

Naked Camper
12-24-2009, 08:30 AM
mine will be GF as well. :) (FIL who's coming to breakfast is a celiac)

Raspberries
12-24-2009, 08:42 AM
This is the recipe I'm using:

http://iamglutenfree.blogspot.com/2007/03/cinammon-roll-of-your-dreams.html

And this is what it says about overnight:
I've also discovered that you can make these the night before and stop short of baking them. Wrap them up in their pan or glass dish and leave them in the fridge for the night. The next morning you can take them out and bake them and they come out just the same!

RubySlippers
12-24-2009, 09:43 AM
After the first rising, dh shapes them and puts them in the fridge on Christmas Eve. :yes
I love Christmas morning cinnamon rolls. :yum

Naked Camper
12-24-2009, 10:13 AM
i'm excited to have them tomorrow :tu