PDA

View Full Version : cinnamon roll dough -- can I freeze it?

tigerlily
12-23-2009, 11:58 AM
I wanted to make cinnamon roll dough in advance for Christmas morning.

So here's my question. Can I make the dough this afternoon, letting it rise once, put the rolls in the freezer overnight, remove them at some point tomorrow (Christmas Eve) and let them sit in the fridge thawing till Christmas morn, when I pop them in the oven?

Would this mess with the dough too much?:shrug3

JJsMom
12-23-2009, 12:00 PM
I've done it before. I can't remember if it affected the dough much. :shrug3 I'm hoping to do it too.

mommylove
12-23-2009, 12:08 PM
While I've never done it, I've been reading comments on Allrecipes.com that says you can. :P~

Here's the recipe I'm making http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cinnamon-Rolls-III/Detail.aspx
Read the 2nd review. It's from Deb, dated Jan 10, 2006. She explains in detail how she freezes them, as well as how she preps them in advance.

tigerlily
12-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Great! I'll get on that. :tu

Any opinions on when I should transfer from the freezer to the fridge on Christmas Eve?:think

Happygrl
12-23-2009, 12:10 PM
The review mommylove mentioned says to put the dough in the fridge the night prior.

tigerlily
12-23-2009, 01:05 PM
Actually just read my recipe and it said dough can be refrigerated up to 4 days covered after the first rising (that be after rolling them up and cutting, etc.)! :tu