PDA

View Full Version : Free Meat! . . . Now What?

jenny_islander
12-15-2009, 08:34 PM
The day we go shopping, we'll be able to score a free 12-ounce package of those little breakfast sausage links if we want it. I normally try to reduce the fat content of dinner, but right now we can use the free protein. I need a dinner dish that stretches it as far as possible. Personally, I would serve it with pancakes or some French toast, but my family doesn't do breakfast for dinner. Ideas?

Kiara.I
12-15-2009, 09:18 PM
I like making Ratatouille with mild Italian sausage in it, but I bet you could use those links, too. Hopefully they're not the maple flavour ones...

So, fry them up, then set aside. Put in the pan and onion and a couple of cloves of garlic, an eggplant (cubed), a zucchini (sliced or cubed), and then some tomatoes. Add some Italian sorts of spices, either a blend or just oregano, basil, etc. And salt and pepper.

Once that's cooked itself into a sort of stew, slice the sausages, toss them back in to warm, and serve with bread.

Abibigail
12-15-2009, 09:22 PM
Chop them up and fry them with onion.
Preheat your oven to 375.
Blend together in a bowl softened cream cheese, 6 eggs, a cup of shredded cheddar, and some shredded potatoes. (You can shred them yourself or use tater tots or frozen hash browns or whatever.)
Add the sausage to that once it's all well mixed.

Pour that all into a baking dish, then top with more potatoes and cheese. Bake for an hour. :yum