PDA

View Full Version : gerbils

Peaceful Meadows
12-05-2009, 02:14 PM
my 6 yo has wanted gerbils forever so I decided that I'll get him the supplies for Christmas and then after Christmas we will go out and buy 2 gerbils (same sex from the same litter) but I am trying to find an aquarium with a screen for a reasonable price. Where can I find one for a reasonable price and should I get a 10 or 20 gallon? (I was able to get a dish, litter, ball and a closed wheel at a yard sale so all I need is the aquarium, screen, food, water bottle, and wood to gnaw on. I need to find all that for under $30.

swimming with sharks
12-05-2009, 02:31 PM
check craigslist and freecycle for the aquariums. I'd go bigger if you have the room. Gerbils are lots of fun. We had them growing up and they were super tame and loved to play. :heart

mommy2abigail
12-06-2009, 05:34 AM
Definitely Craigslist, I am checking mine for a big ferret/parrot cage for our new Ratty, and saw a TON of cheap ($10-free) smaller ones. HTH!

Peaceful Meadows
12-06-2009, 11:10 PM
I checked Craigslist all the aquariums that are listed are 55 gal or more and the price is $50 or more. :sigh

I'll keep looking, I am sure something will come up. :)

LoveIsGentle
12-07-2009, 07:04 AM
It's a little more than your budget, but definitely less than the ones on Craigslist...I found a 20 gallon long tank at Petsmart for right around 30.

Hope you find something soon!