PDA

View Full Version : wall paper gunk off walls..

milkmommy
11-03-2009, 07:54 AM
I'm attempting to prepare our third bedroom which will soon be the nursery/guest room. The previous owners also used it for a nursery or kids room because there are wall paper animal cuttings pasted along the middle. THere cute and all but its not the seriously girly vibe I want :giggle (hey I waited long enough I want it MY way :snooty) but as I'm peeling them off bits and pieces get left behind. How can I remove this?
I haven't decided if I'm going to paint I'd like it but I may not have the time or patience its a clean white room though so as along as I can get these off without damaging the paint I wont half too..
Deanna

HomeWithMyBabies
11-03-2009, 07:56 AM
I use a mix of warm water and vinegar, spray or dab it on, wait a few minutes, then use a scraper and it comes right off. If it's regular wallpaper adhesive that should work.

milkmommy
11-03-2009, 07:57 AM
I use a mix of warm water and vinegar, spray or dab it on, wait a few minutes, then use a scraper and it comes right off. If it's regular wallpaper adhesive that should work.

What kinda scraper? I assume something more than my fingernails :blush

Deanna

HomeWithMyBabies
11-03-2009, 08:00 AM
I use a paint scraper, kind of like this (http://www.sears.com/shc/s/ProductDisplay?partNumber=00910763000P&storeId=10153&sName=Trowels%2c+Scrapers+&psid=PRODUCTPLUS&vName=Tools&cName=HandTools&catalogId=12605&sid=ISx20090511x00001).

doubleblessings
11-03-2009, 08:11 AM
My mom tells me that liquid fabric softener helps too. :shrug3

milkmommy
11-03-2009, 09:18 AM
the vinager worked great I was jsut able to spray the rest of the decals let it sit for about a minute and they peeled right off no scrapping then I went back and sprayed the patches that had stuck before let sit and just peeled it off. It did remove a few small bits of paint but nothing horrible.

Deanna

HomeWithMyBabies
11-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Yay! I took lots of wallpaper down when we moved here and I was surprised how great it worked.