PDA

View Full Version : so, what's for dinner tonight??

filmgirl2911
10-15-2009, 12:10 PM
one of my favorite things is reading about what people will be eating :yes

chime in with your yumminess :yum

we're still contemplating things here (someday, maybe I'll do a weekly dinner plan; until then, I like lurking about to gather ideas :shifty )

Mama Calidad
10-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Tonight is spaghetti, garlic bread and salad.

Fia
10-15-2009, 12:27 PM
pasta with garlic and olive oil and Quorn "chicken" cutlets

RealLifeMama
10-15-2009, 12:29 PM
I am really hoping for chili.

easygoinmomma
10-15-2009, 12:31 PM
I just threw a pot roast in the slow cooker with a can of mushroom soup, water, and a package of onion soup mix. With it we will have mashed potatoes, corn, and buns.

Mama Calidad
10-15-2009, 12:33 PM
I am really hoping for chili.

If we're hoping, I want a nice grilled steak, baked potato with all the fixin's and asparagus. And chocolate cake. :shifty

benica312
10-15-2009, 12:37 PM
pork chops, baked beans and mashed potatoes. Hmm... maybe I need something green in there? But now I *so* want some chocolate cake :yum

LadybugSam
10-15-2009, 12:39 PM
im thinking spaghetti and garlic bread. Something cheap and easy

Grower08
10-15-2009, 01:17 PM
In the slow cooker right now: chuck roast, red skin potatoes, onions, carrots. On the side: this pineapple that needs to be eaten soon!!

Ambrielle
10-15-2009, 01:23 PM
probably little ceasars pizza & breadsticks. That way I can pick it up on our way home after our playdate at my sisters. Yeah no cooking! :rockon

Lady TS
10-15-2009, 01:24 PM
I am trying an actual recipe for crockpot spaghetti sauce, and it smelled wonderful as it began cooking, but I think the garden tomatoes are still bothering me as I am incredibly zoney today(one of my allergic responses) as well as my throat itching off and on. :-/

So, the family is going to have spaghetti(even though two of the kids had spaghetti at school today:O), maybe a salad.

And I'm going to make "pumpkin" corn muffins, only I am going to use the mashed butternut squash/sweet potatoes no one else would eat the other day. (where's that ornery little devilish smiley?) this'll do :whistle

Me? I am having leftover Morrocan Beef Stew over Couscous that everyone hated but me, salad and the corn muffins.

DoulaClara
10-15-2009, 01:34 PM
I didn't feel like what I had on my dinner plan (homemade mac & cheese) so I'm making rice with roasted red peppers and carrots, and quesadillas and beans.

Lady TS
10-15-2009, 01:36 PM
I wanted to make myself homemade mac 'n cheese, but then all I have is mozzarella.....would that work instead of the standard cheddar?

The Tickle Momster
10-15-2009, 01:37 PM
Home made mac & cheese here. Might add in some peas & carrots or the baby broccoli that came in our veggie box last week. :think

Might roast some squash or sweet potatos too. Is that too much starch?

LadybugSam
10-15-2009, 01:38 PM
i think homemade mac and cheese would work with mozzerealla, but you might have to add more salt than usual.

kwisie
10-15-2009, 01:39 PM
I don't know what we're having for a main meal, but I know we're going to follow up with homemade apple cobbler topped with ice cream. :yum

mamaKristin
10-15-2009, 01:40 PM
DH and the kids are having turkey soup with buns. I'm figuring out my meal for my eating plan still...

MarynMunchkins
10-15-2009, 01:41 PM
Roast chicken, rice pilaf with mushrooms, and garlic green beans. And then lemon pound cake with blackberry sauce for dessert. :yum

Apparently, my stress relief for the day is cooking. ;)

Blue Aurora
10-15-2009, 01:46 PM
Mary I want to come to dinner at your house.. yum! :hugheart

Mama Calidad
10-15-2009, 01:46 PM
I wanted to make myself homemade mac 'n cheese, but then all I have is mozzarella.....would that work instead of the standard cheddar?

We do it sometimes with mozzarella and cream of mushroom soup. (I'm from MO. Cream of Mushroom Soup capital of the world. :giggle )

RooMama
10-15-2009, 01:48 PM
I'm making no-bean chili.

filmgirl2911
10-15-2009, 01:54 PM
the homemade mac and cheese people have me yearning for that :yes

but alas ~ we are going to have grilled corned beef and cheese sandwiches with oven-baked fries (the best part :yum) and some steamed broccoli. . .

we don't have a dessert plan, though there are brownies waiting to be thawed from the freezer :shifty

DoulaClara
10-15-2009, 01:58 PM
I think mozzarella would work okay. :yes The texture might be a little different. I've never tried it- if you do, let me know how it works out!

Lady TS
10-15-2009, 02:20 PM
We do it sometimes with mozzarella and cream of mushroom soup. (I'm from MO. Cream of Mushroom Soup capital of the world. :giggle )

Ooh, I never thought about adding cream of mushroom soup to it! I found the crockpot mac 'n cheese recipe on here awhile back when I was avoiding so much, and tweaked it so I could have it. :yum

Back then, I couldn't have mushrooms....but I LOVE them(oh the torture--that and garlic I missed so much then!).

Maybe I will try making it tomorrow...