PDA

View Full Version : SUPER YUMMY brownies - vegan

Serafine
10-11-2009, 03:30 PM
We aren't vegan, so we used butter...but if you substitute a vegan butter sub. for this...there you go.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Egg-Free-Brownies/Detail.aspx

AMAZING! Just fudgy enough, not too sweet (surprising with the 2 cu. sugar...but really, not too sweet). Yummy, semi-sweet chocalately flavor.

HummusDip
10-17-2009, 01:33 PM
:ptl

I'm making these today!!!! So, I'm out of APF, can I sub that with oat flour, spelt flour, wwpf, or buckwheat flour?

Serafine
10-17-2009, 01:34 PM
:ptl

I'm making these today!!!! So, I'm out of APF, can I sub that with oat flour, spelt flour, wwpf, or buckwheat flour?

yep...I always sub spelt 1:1 with APF...does fine, especially for something as fudgy as brownies! MMMmmm...these are SO good.

HummusDip
10-17-2009, 01:37 PM
sweeeeeet

Yeah I subbed apf with spelt in pumpkin spice muffins yesterday and they were perfect!

HummusDip
10-19-2009, 08:38 AM
WOW, wow wow wow.

I have tried SO many vegan brownie recipes. None have been that impressive, infact many of them were down right nasty.

THIS recipe is out of this world. Dh says they taste exactly like the yummy schwag boxed kind, but even BETTER! They have that crackly top and they are fudgey and not cakey and OH MY so good! I was told I am never allowed to try another brownie recipe for life. I can't say I'd ever consider it. :giggle

Serafine
10-19-2009, 08:40 AM
yep...that is pretty much what we decided here too...isn't that AMAZING! :yum