PDA

View Full Version : granola bars?

Peridot
10-09-2009, 07:46 PM
who has a good granola recipe? who? who?

come on, I know someone does! :nails

The Tickle Momster
10-09-2009, 09:42 PM
I do. :poke me and I will type it up for you. I am heading out of town in the morning, so might not have time until Tuesday.

CapeTownMommy
10-09-2009, 09:47 PM
:popcorn I'd love to hear a good recipe too!

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 AM ----------

Hang on - are you looking for granola or for granola bars? I have a nice granola recipe, but I'm looking for a recipe for bars.

The Tickle Momster
10-09-2009, 09:52 PM
I found it already typed. This recipe is super forgiving. I mix & match, sub & unsub stuff all the time. From Not Just Beans by Tawra Jean Kellam

1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 Tbsp. honey
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1 cup flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/4 cups rolled oats
1 1/4 cups crispy rice cereal,
or crushed corn flakes or any "grain" type cereal or crushed graham crackers
1/2 cup wheat germ (optional)
1 cup chocolate chips*
In a large bowl, cream sugars and butter until fluffy. Add honey, vanilla and egg. Mix well. Blend in flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Stir in remaining ingredients. Press firmly into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350< for 20-25 minutes. To microwave: Press ingredients into a microwave safe dish. Microwave on medium power for 7-9 minutes. Rotate dish every three minutes. Bars will firm as they stand. Cool and cut into bars. Save the crumbs for yogurt or ice cream topping. Makes 24 bars
*The following may be used in addition to or to replace chocolate chips
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup nuts
1/2-1 cup raisins, dried apples, apricots
1/2 cup fruit preserves

Peridot
10-13-2009, 07:00 PM
:lol ooops! I just pm'd you! :giggle

Thanks so much! They look super-yummy. :yes

JellyBean
10-13-2009, 07:05 PM
Here's my granola bar recipe. I make probably a batch a week...we love them! I've used kashi go lean cereal sometimes instead of puffed brown rice and it makes them crunchier. A lot of the ingredients are optional so you can play with it and make them how you want. Like if you don't want any chocolate chips or butterscotch chips and want to use dried fruit instead. Or if you don't like coconut just omit it.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/appetizers-and-snacks/chocolate-chip-coconut-granola-bars/

Lily
10-13-2009, 07:20 PM
I use this recipe (http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/09/granola-bars/) and love it. I leave out the coconut and add a cup of walnuts instead.

Garland
10-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Ooooh, I've gotta try these! My kids love granola bars and I'd love to make them instead of buying the packaged ones.