PDA

View Full Version : Pina Colada Cheesecake

Llee
08-30-2009, 08:43 AM
Here's the recipe for the Pina Colada Cheesecake. I got it from "Meatless Easy-Oven Cookbook" by Debi & Jim Pederson:
Pina Colada Cheesecake
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 2/4 cups sugar, divided
¼ cup butter, melted
3 8-oz packages cream cheese, softened [or 2 packages of cream cheese and 1 package of Mori-Nu tofu]
3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
2 eggs
1 teaspoon coconut extract
½ cup coconut milk
1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained [or if you do like I did and get the pineapple rings, cut them up. I really need to make sure to read through the ingredient list before I go shopping!]
2 teaspoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons cold water
CRUST: Combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup coconut; add 1/4 cup melted butter. Grease the sides only of a 9" pan. Press crumbs into pan on the bottom and sides. Place in or freezer for 30 minutes.

FILLING: Whip the cream cheese in a mixer [I only had 2 packages of cream cheese, so I used those 2 packages and added in a package of Mori Nu tofu; didn't take away from the taste]. Sprinkle in 1 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cornstarch; add eggs one at a time, followed by coconut extract [I didn't have any coconut extract, so I didn't add any type of extract]. Slowly add in coconut milk. Add 1/2 cup of coconut and mix until just blended. Pour into pan and bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes, or until the top begins to brown and the cake is firm. Cool.
TOPPING: Mix together pineapple, 3/4 cup of sugar, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a medium boil. In small cup, stir together 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and the cold water and pour into the boiling pineapple mixture, stirring constantly until thickened. [You can really use just about anything tropical in the can. I used tropical fruit the 2nd time I made it.]

You can then top the cheesecake and put it in the overnight, or put the topping in a separate bowl and serve it soon after you’ve made it, so everyone can put on pineapple as they please.
If you want, you can also toast ½ cup of coconut over low heat until it’s golden, stirring often. Use it as garnish or just grab spoonfuls for yourself. lol

AlishaRose
09-04-2009, 07:48 AM
That sounds delicious, I can't wait to make it!

Llee
09-08-2009, 09:38 AM
I hope it turned out well for you. It is a great recipe. So yummy...

JavaMama
09-25-2009, 07:24 PM
This sounds soooooo yummy. I HAVE to make it!