PDA

View Full Version : a tasty, gluten-free cupcake recipe, anybody?

joyful mama
08-13-2009, 07:56 PM
We're having a big party next weekend, and I'll be making cupcakes for all the kids to decorate and eat. One of T's best friends is gluten free. I know he likes chocolate, so that would be good. I want to bring it with the rest of the cupcakes, so he can not feel left out. It needs to be gluten/wheat free, but he can have corn, dairy and nuts. Also, please try to keep in mind ingredients- I can't have too many things I need to go out and buy, kwim? :blush

I'm going to sound stupid, but is confectionary sugar gluten free? it is, isn't it??

~yogamom~
08-13-2009, 08:05 PM
go to the blog called karinas kitchen (gluten free goddess) -- she has some great cupcake recipes!

yes, confectionary sugar is GF. and you're so sweet to think of him! :heart

Naked Camper
08-13-2009, 08:06 PM
I'd just buy a GF cake mix. Look to see if your grocery store is carrying the Betty Crocker GF stuff yet. http://www.bettycrocker.com/products/gluten-free/?WT.dcsvid=Mzk4MjE4NDAzOQS2&rvrin=E96F325E-E571-408B-995E-8328C217C620&WT.mc_id=Newsletter_BettyCrocker_08_06_2009

If not, any of the other GF cake mixes would work. That'd be your cheapest bet :)

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

BTW - I think that's so super sweet of you to think of this little boy and his dietary needs :heart

euromom
08-13-2009, 08:23 PM
We used the Betty Crocker GF mix last time ds had a party to go to and they were pretty good. We had the white cake mix but I am pretty sure they offered chocolate as well.

joyful mama
08-13-2009, 08:24 PM
a gluten-free goddess :giggle I'm going to have to make something for my friend who'd gluten free- she just had surgery and could use a pickmeup, thanks valentie :heart

:doh why didn't I think of a boxed mix? lol. I just checked online, and my local store has Bob's chocolate cake mix- perfect! They don't carry the betty crocker kind yet. I've tried some of Bob's things before, and they were good. Does anyone know if this is any good? Of course, I'll have to try one to see ;)

you guys :rockon

Naked Camper
08-13-2009, 08:26 PM
we've had the bob's. It's not bad. Keep in mind that this little kiddo is used to GF foods and their different texture.