PDA

View Full Version : my new headboard

Aisling
08-07-2009, 07:00 PM
well, fairly new, anyway...I've been meaning to post a pic for a while. I got the old shutters from thrift for $6, hosed them down and painted them, and voila! They're a wee bit distressed, too. I think it'll be a fun effect once I get some breezy curtains and throw pillows in there. :O

This pic doesn't really do it justice...in natural, light, it's pretty with the brown walls.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/mamadoula_/052.jpg

ShangriLewis
08-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Cute. I love your bedding and your bed set up. It looks so clean.

mom2_AthruZ
08-07-2009, 07:04 PM
:rockon That turned out great! We have some old shutters like that, just a bit longer and we are trying to figure out what to do with them in our oldest dd's room. She has a beach theme....head board is not an option because she has a loft bed.

Bonnie
08-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Fun! I'd love to see it when you get the other elements added in. :heart

TuneMyHeart
08-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Pretty! :heart I've been trying to find something I can turn into a headboard.

Aisling
08-07-2009, 07:14 PM
I have a upcycled wall candelabra that was originally an ugly outdoor bronze abomination...I pulled out the wires and plastic candles (and pollen and dust and bugs :shifty), wiped it down, reglued the little candle plates on with epoxy (minus the candle cups), and spray painted it a glossy green. (my splash of color). It now holds tealights...it's just out of the picture, by the window.

My mom's bringing me a pressboard bedside table that I'm going to make a table cloth on, and some unique lamp, which will soften the headboard effect, I think.

I'm all about repurposing junk, doncha know. :shifty:O Can't be normal. :P~

mom2_AthruZ
08-07-2009, 07:16 PM
I have a upcycled wall candelabra that was originally an ugly outdoor bronze abomination...I pulled out the wires and plastic candles (and pollen and dust and bugs :shifty), wiped it down, reglued the little candle plates on with epoxy (minus the candle cups), and spray painted it a glossy green. (my splash of color). It now holds tealights...it's just out of the picture, by the window.

My mom's bringing me a pressboard bedside table that I'm going to make a table cloth on, and some unique lamp, which will soften the headboard effect, I think.

I'm all about repurposing junk, doncha know. :shifty:O Can't be normal. :P~

I love to repurpose things. And normal is definitely overrated.;):giggle

Marielle
08-08-2009, 05:51 AM
Love it! I can't wait to see when you add the curtains. Those are great ideas for repurposing.

BriansLovie
08-08-2009, 05:55 AM
Very creative!!

cobluegirl
08-08-2009, 09:00 AM
nice!! come over and help me with my house...LOL I am so not good at finding things to fix up...

racheepoo
08-08-2009, 09:18 AM
nice!