PDA

View Full Version : Homemade granola bar recipe?

MamaMansa
08-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Does anyone have a good homemade granola bar recipe that doesn't have almonds?

Ca_mommy
08-04-2009, 12:27 PM
I love this recipe! Instead of veg. oil, I use coconut oil.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Playgroup-Granola-Bars/Detail.aspx

QuiltinGramma
08-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Amber has a real nice breakfast bar recipe she makes.
I really like them.
:heart

MamaMansa
08-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Amber has a real nice breakfast bar recipe she makes.
I really like them.

Is the recipe on the board?

QuiltinGramma
08-05-2009, 07:47 PM
I'm not sure.
You can ask her.
I have the recipe....somewhere.
Ummm...can't put my finger on it right now though.

The Tickle Momster
08-05-2009, 07:53 PM
I've got one, I will type up later.

RiverRock
08-05-2009, 07:55 PM
I have a delicious one with a lot of butter (sometimes I sub. some pb in place of some of the butter). It isn't particularily healthy in the end. My healthy version is too crumbly to call a bar and usually ends up as breakfast cereal. I'll type out the indulgent recipe if you want if. :)

The Tickle Momster
08-07-2009, 07:00 AM
Ok, sorry it took so long to get back to this thread. Here is my recipe. It is from Not Just Beans by Tawra Jean Kellam. It is very forgiving. I sub coconut oil for the all or some of the butter. I almost never make it the same way twice.

1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 Tbsp. honey
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1 cup flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/4 cups rolled oats
1 1/4 cups crispy rice cereal,
or crushed corn flakes or any "grain" type cereal or crushed graham crackers
1/2 cup wheat germ (optional)
1 cup chocolate chips*
In a large bowl, cream sugars and butter until fluffy. Add honey, vanilla and egg. Mix well. Blend in flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Stir in remaining ingredients. Press firmly into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350< for 20-25 minutes. To microwave: Press ingredients into a microwave safe dish. Microwave on medium power for 7-9 minutes. Rotate dish every three minutes. Bars will firm as they stand. Cool and cut into bars. Save the crumbs for yogurt or ice cream topping. Makes 24 bars
*The following may be used in addition to or to replace chocolate chips
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup nuts
1/2-1 cup raisins, dried apples, apricots
1/2 cup fruit preserves

MamaMansa
08-07-2009, 12:11 PM
I have a delicious one with a lot of butter (sometimes I sub. some pb in place of some of the butter). It isn't particularily healthy in the end. My healthy version is too crumbly to call a bar and usually ends up as breakfast cereal. I'll type out the indulgent recipe if you want if. :)

Sure, if you have time, that would be great!

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Ok, sorry it took so long to get back to this thread. Here is my recipe. It is from Not Just Beans by Tawra Jean Kellam. It is very forgiving. I sub coconut oil for the all or some of the butter. I almost never make it the same way twice.

1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 Tbsp. honey
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1 cup flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/4 cups rolled oats
1 1/4 cups crispy rice cereal,
or crushed corn flakes or any "grain" type cereal or crushed graham crackers
1/2 cup wheat germ (optional)
1 cup chocolate chips*
In a large bowl, cream sugars and butter until fluffy. Add honey, vanilla and egg. Mix well. Blend in flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Stir in remaining ingredients. Press firmly into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350< for 20-25 minutes. To microwave: Press ingredients into a microwave safe dish. Microwave on medium power for 7-9 minutes. Rotate dish every three minutes. Bars will firm as they stand. Cool and cut into bars. Save the crumbs for yogurt or ice cream topping. Makes 24 bars
*The following may be used in addition to or to replace chocolate chips
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup nuts
1/2-1 cup raisins, dried apples, apricots
1/2 cup fruit preserves

Sounds yummy!!! For the rolled oats, can you use quick cooking? Or is it better to use the regular?

The Tickle Momster
08-07-2009, 02:02 PM
I use whatever I have on hand. Also, 1 cup of chips is a LOT. I use 1/2 cup of mini chips.

Punkie
08-07-2009, 02:31 PM
This is our fave. You can easily substitute too.

http://lainesletters.com/recipe/granolabars.html

mountainash
08-07-2009, 06:30 PM
http://www.perkysnaturalfoods.com/recipes.asp

I do that recipe with toasted oatmeal and dried fruit. And I bake it for about ten minutes, too.