PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used the oriental trading post tie-blanket kits?

Sweet Life
07-19-2009, 01:23 PM
I thought these would be fun for the kids to make and give to the grandparents as Christmas gifts. I think I could probably buy the fleece and cut it myself, but for the price I'm thinking I can't go wrong with the kit. Has anyone done these kinds of blankets or purchased the kit from otp?

http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/browse/processRequest.do?demandPrefix=12&sku=48/4716&prodCatId=377622&mode=Browsing&erec=2&Ipp=16&No=0&Ne=90000&sp=true&Ntk=all&Ntx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&N=377622&tabId=7&requestURI=processProductsCatalog&sd=Fleece+Winter+Tied+Throw+Craft+Kit

kwisie
07-19-2009, 01:46 PM
My sister has made several without a kit. It seems pretty easy either way. I might be a little worried about the fleece quality in a kit where I couldn't check the fabric first, but that would be my only concern.

Rea T
07-19-2009, 02:02 PM
Those were super popular out here for a while. I tried making one myself and I don't think you could make it for less than their price. Plus, I did not cut the fringes very well so it did not turn out nicely and I ended up scrapping the whole thing.