PDA

View Full Version : I am no longer buying bread

Leslie_JJKs_mom
07-16-2009, 07:31 PM
I love eating home made bread but slicing it was hard for me. A new friend of mine gave me a tip with using the electric knife using my forfinger to guide it. It works so I have made 4 loaves of bread in the last couple of days. We ate one and a half and the others are in the freezer. I am going to do my best to never buy bread again.

Katherine
07-16-2009, 07:49 PM
I love homemade bread too. We've had to make it a lot due to food allergies. We don't technically *have* to right now, but I'm still trying to make it some. My biggest problem is keeping up with demand. The boys devour it. Last time I made 4 batches and that lastest less than 48 hours. :hunh:jawdrop

FindingMyWay
07-16-2009, 08:51 PM
I love it to, I need to make it more. Do you use a bread machine or the oven?

kiloyd
07-16-2009, 08:56 PM
I use a cerated ( I have no idea how to spell that) steak knife to cut my bread, works great!

I make mine in the bread machine on the dough setting, take it out divide in half and put in pans, rise for 30min, bake 10min. this is honey wheat bread. I should post the recipe it is SO easy!

Leslie_JJKs_mom
07-17-2009, 09:09 AM
I use the oven but I have a kitchen aid with a dough hook so it is super easy.

Katherine
07-17-2009, 06:13 PM
I'm an oven girl, too. When I make loaves, I like big loaves that rise a lot... and I've actually moved toward making small and large rolls b/c they are so much more versatile than a loaf and don't dry out as fast. We can use them as "toast", breakfast or lunch sandwiches, mini-pizzas, hamburger buns, etc.

pastelsummer
07-17-2009, 08:01 PM
mm i need to make some tonight. i want some really bad