PDA

View Full Version : Just for the fun of it...

Wonder Woman
07-10-2009, 09:34 PM
I redid my tatting site. It's extremely Victorian now :giggle
http://tatmom.com/

Radosny Matka
07-10-2009, 09:40 PM
It's very prettty!

Wonder Woman
07-10-2009, 09:44 PM
thank you! It's girly-girl, isn't it? I've been doing a lot of business sites lately and so I wanted to do something fun to remind myself that I *am* capable of having a non-geek side when I take time for it :bag :giggle

Marielle
07-11-2009, 09:15 PM
lovely and I enjoyed perusing your designs too. That red cross is gorgeous.

DancingWithElves
07-11-2009, 10:08 PM
psshhhh, i didn't even know you had one! :heart
but i do love this one, def. girly, but not cheesy, you know.

Codi
07-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Tatting??

So your not actually TATTOOING..... Ohhhhhhh... :giggle

All this time I thought you did TATTOOS!

BEAUTIFUL!

Wonder Woman
07-12-2009, 05:34 AM
thanks :heart and Poleidopy is the one to go to for tattoos - I make lace :giggle "Tat" is a confusing term :yes

In my case, the name was given to me because I found a tatting group while I was on almost 17 weeks of bedrest for Jaden. The meds made my hands too shaky to do any other needlework, so I tatted, a lot. As a matter of fact, the first weekend I went into labor (at 20 weeks no less :shiver) I brought my tatting with me. I put it down when the contrax got really bad, and the nurse came running into the room and put it into my hands and said "whatever it is you do with this, do it, because the contrax are less frequent when you do!" :giggle So we were tatmom and tatbaby for the duration of my pregnancy. He's long since outgrown the tatbaby designation but tatmom stuck with me :giggle

Marielle, thanks - going to pm you a story about that :yes

Embracing Grace
07-12-2009, 05:45 AM
very nice!

Marrae
07-12-2009, 10:00 AM
Your site is beautiful. :)

SamRose
07-12-2009, 10:14 AM
I never knew tat referred to anythign but tattoos!

ArmsOfLove
07-12-2009, 10:48 AM
It's beautiful!

DancingWithElves
07-12-2009, 02:07 PM
thanks :heart and Poleidopy is the one to go to for tattoos - I make lace :giggle "Tat" is a confusing term :yes

In my case, the name was given to me because I found a tatting group while I was on almost 17 weeks of bedrest for Jaden. The meds made my hands too shaky to do any other needlework, so I tatted, a lot. As a matter of fact, the first weekend I went into labor (at 20 weeks no less :shiver) I brought my tatting with me. I put it down when the contrax got really bad, and the nurse came running into the room and put it into my hands and said "whatever it is you do with this, do it, because the contrax are less frequent when you do!" :giggle So we were tatmom and tatbaby for the duration of my pregnancy. He's long since outgrown the tatbaby designation but tatmom stuck with me :giggle

Marielle, thanks - going to pm you a story about that :yes

i'm told to knit when my symptoms get worse. it helps. apparently repetitive motions with your fingers of any sort immediately decrease your adrenaline levels. and afa i know preterm labor picks up as your adrenaline levels go up. that's a sweet story. :heart