PDA

View Full Version : Embroidery Machines?

musicmama
07-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Anyone familiar with them? I'm thinking about getting one, but there's SO much info, can anyone break it down for me? Good brands, good prices?

Naked Camper
07-06-2009, 04:29 PM
:popcorn I know I'd sure love to have one :yes

JenLovie
07-06-2009, 05:08 PM
:popcorn I know I'd sure love to have one :yes
Me, too.
I have a Baby Lock brand machine (not embroidery). The brand is nice, but when I upgrade I'll save up for a Bernina. It's a great brand. Unfortunately it's also really pricy.

TuneMyHeart
07-06-2009, 05:39 PM
:cup I want one too!

musicmama
07-06-2009, 06:12 PM
I don't think there's anyway I could ever afford a bernina :no :giggle

I was looking at the Brother machines, i've heard good things about them :think I'd love to be able to add embroidery to my fleece and wool soakers, and diapers and tshirts and such for my store :think

Marielle
07-06-2009, 06:44 PM
Mine is a janome mc9500 but I don't use the embroidery function. I did research it when buying the machine so I remember vaguely what I was looking for in function, etc. Mine allows me to use a memory card and adapter to download designs directly to the card and insert it in the machine slot instead of those box type adapters.

I think I remember my biggest hoop being 5x7 in order to grow into it and the hoop attaches to an arm in the back of the machine which means no adding a carriage, etc. Kenmore had a janome made embroidery machine that they were selling very similar to mine but it had a smaller hoop size.

But like I said I hope to grow into the machine but I have no plans to invest into a full spectrum of embroidery thread or stabilizers right now. Also, janome makes an embroidery only unit that is just like my machine minus the sewing machine capability.

TestifyToLove
07-07-2009, 07:10 AM
Can I borrow such a machine if you buy one??

I cannot justify the expense even though I would LOVE to have one. I'm trying to talk myself into believing its okay that I finally want a serger after years of just using my sewing machine.

Barefoot Bookworm
07-07-2009, 07:27 AM
I'm pretty sure that mine has a bunch of embroidery options but I really haven't used it too much for that purpose. I have a Pfaff.

knitlove
07-09-2009, 04:08 PM
my MIL has a top of the line Husqvarna it will do any thing but costs a small fortin. They do have cheeper ones.

cobluegirl
07-09-2009, 08:04 PM
my momma has one..not sure of the brand..her other machines are Bernina's...