PDA

View Full Version : 1st Birthday Cake

MyKindaCrunchy
06-22-2009, 09:38 PM
DS hasn't really had a lot of sugar and I'm wanting to take it easy at the birthday party with this. Any recipes for a yummy cake that is sugar free or at least isn't loaded with sugar?

MamaPepper
06-23-2009, 04:52 AM
:cup

filmgirl2911
06-23-2009, 05:37 AM
I made this chocolate applesauce cake for my daughter's first birthday and gave her a small piece. She mostly enjoyed crumbling it between her hands, but did eat a few pictures. Like you, I didn't want to give her a cake with too much sugar, and I knew that applesauce cakes used applesauce for much of the required sugar (this has 1 c. up sugar).

http://www.recipezaar.com/Spiced-Chocolate-Applesauce-Cake-7921

schmamy
06-23-2009, 05:45 AM
I've got a recipe a friend gave me for a spice cake made with honey. I didn't end up using it--she didn't give it to me in time, iirc, but it's the recipe HER mom made for her first b-day, and she used it for her twins' first b-day. I can't take the time to go dig it up now, but poke me if I forget and I'll come back later to post it for you. :yes

appalachiamama
07-03-2009, 06:02 AM
I've just been thinking about this, too. I'd love a recipe for one with pumpkin since our girly's b-day is around Halloween. :)

arelyn
07-03-2009, 11:49 AM
I'm on my parents' computer so my recipe isn't here. I made DS a GF nut free carrot cake (which could be modified for regular flour) that didn't have much sugar at all. Someone poke me and I'll post a link!

appalachiamama
07-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Poke.:poke

arelyn
07-06-2009, 07:27 PM
I just checked this laptop and it's not there. It must be on the older one which is at the ILs house. We're probably heading over there tomorrow so I'll post then (assuming MIL is over the flu).