PDA

View Full Version : pain on inner side of knee??

greenishmama
06-10-2009, 12:01 PM
I keep getting pain on the inner side of my knee. It comes and goes. I was shopping and sometimes it hurt and sometimes it didn't. If I walk fast it hurts. sometimes it is tender just sitting. It even hurts in bed sometimes. I must have pillow between my knees.

Any ideas? I'm not finding much on-line and my dr never finds anything wrong with me- makes me feel like it's all in my head!

cobluegirl
06-15-2009, 06:55 PM
did you strain is somehow?

greenishmama
06-16-2009, 06:13 AM
did you strain is somehow?

not that I'm aware of although it seems I'm always having some sort of pain or strain on my knees, especially that one. The pain on the inner side is getting better but now I'm back to having the aching, soreness, stiffness behind both knees. right along where the crease is in the back. It happens the worst if I walk fast. It's very frustrating. Some days I feel like an old lady.

Zipporah
06-16-2009, 06:48 AM
Are you overweight?
Even if you're not, sometimes exercising your quads can be very helpful to build up knee strength. Basically, lay on your back, and lift your foot until your leg is at about a 45 o angle and make circles in the air (or write the alphabet or something) until your leg is tired. If you do it 2 or 3 times a day, you'll eventually strengthen your muscles supporting your joint so that the joint is far less likely to be strained.

greenishmama
06-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Not overweight. I'm actually less than when I got pregnant with DS1! Not sure why though. Always had to work hard to lose weight and I havent' been trying which concerns me. thyroid levels have been ok though...

the pain now is behind both knees. might try a separate post on that... doctor had no clue yesterday...

momaich
06-17-2009, 12:29 PM
I'm having a hard time picturing where the pain is exactly, but have you tried stretching your calf muscles? Like runners do, by pushing against a wall and really stretching, pushing your heel into the ground. I had back of knee pain and also achilles pain. This stretch helped a lot. I also sat down and stretched by pulling my toes forward. It took 2-3 weeks of stretching throughout the day to feel relief. I also invested in lowered heel shoes (earth shoes) so that I would have continuous stretching going on.
Are you trying any supplements? I get relief from side of knee pain with fish oil. I can't remember if arnica helped me with the back of knee pain or not. The stretching definitely did though.
I hope you find relief soon!

Lady TS
06-17-2009, 12:53 PM
I get leg pains when I wear the wrong shoes, esp. non-supportive ones.