PDA

View Full Version : I need to reel in a few fish recipes!

ncsweetpea
06-02-2009, 02:50 PM
I have an idea that my family needs to start eating more fish. The problem is--I don't know how to cook it. My childhood fish experiences included bones, batter and frying, and a really stinky mess. There has to be a better way! Please mamas, help me learn to cook fish!

Lily
06-02-2009, 04:03 PM
We really like:
baked tilapia - 3 to 4 minutes per side at 350 i think
grilled salmon or tuna - tinfoil across the grill for easy removal of fish and clean up, grill until salmon flakes/tuna is barely pink in the center
fish tacos - usually fish leftovers in a soft taco with lettuce, tomatoes, onion, and homemade tartar sauce

Homemade tartar sauce is really easy - 1 cup mayo, 1/2 cup relish, 1/2 cup chopped onion, 2 or 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice and some black pepper.

Lantern Light Mama
06-02-2009, 04:06 PM
grill it. Wrap it up in foil with some seasoning and throw it on the grill.

ncsweetpea
06-03-2009, 06:08 PM
grill it. Wrap it up in foil with some seasoning and throw it on the grill.

What kind of fish? How long?

Aisling
06-03-2009, 06:12 PM
We have an excellent fish curry that dh makes...if you're interested, I'll come back and post it. :)

Lantern Light Mama
06-03-2009, 06:44 PM
trout or salmon. I just guess at it. When the fish is firm it is normally done. :shifty

klpmommy
06-03-2009, 06:50 PM
I cook salmon this way & it is so tasty. I've done this to other fish as well & it is good, but the salmon is :yum :yum

put it on alum foil, cover the fish with thin slices of butter then coat generously with seasoning salt. Wrap up completely in the foil. Bake at 400 for approx 20 min. I check at that point to see if it is done. Fish is done with it is flaky with a fork.

I buy most of our fish at Costco. You can get a large bag with several filets for a really good price.

ncsweetpea
06-04-2009, 06:14 AM
We have an excellent fish curry that dh makes...if you're interested, I'll come back and post it. :)

If it is tasty and easy enough for someone with no fish cooking experience, I'll try it! :) Thanks!