PDA

View Full Version : I need dinner ideas with what's left!

trustingGod2
06-01-2009, 01:52 PM
OK here's what I have left until Saturday IDEAS?

Chicken Drumsticks 32pcs
Chicken Thighs 8pcs
1lb Hamburg
1/2 jar BBQ Sauce
Italian Dressing
rice plenty
onions plenty
1 can Tomato paste
1 32oz jar Tomato sauce
cream of celery and cream of chicken maybe 3 cans each
misc boxes of pasta remains
2 jars of Beef Gravy
and that about does it spices are s/p, garlic, onion, thyme, cinnamon, adobe, pultry seasoning,bread crumbs, paprika, oregano I have plenty of olive oil and vegetable oil and flour

I think I have 1 bx of mac and cheese plenty of grated parmesan and very little mozzarella

Can you help me make 3 meals

tonight is the rest of the burgers and tomorrow is manwich then I have no idea I have a slow cooker so easy recipes would be great I was thinking maybe BBG thighs in slow cooker and then I am lost Thank you

Lady TS
06-01-2009, 02:13 PM
Cook your chicken thighs in the crockpot and put bbq sauce in. Make sandwiches with part of it(make buns) for one meal and make Chicken bbq pizza for another meal. For the pizza, make the crust, put on some bbq sauce, then chopped/shredded chicken and onion and use the remainder of your mozzarella and sprinkle with parmesan.

So, that's two meals...

Oh, Italian dressing is good on chicken in the crockpot, too. So maybe just do half your thighs in the bbq sauce, and another day(or another crockpot) do the other half of your chicken thighs in the crockpot with italian dressing and a little water. Serve over noodles or with rice and some sort of veggie.

trustingGod2
06-01-2009, 04:10 PM
LADY TS Pizza crust Recipe :shrug3

Happygrl
06-01-2009, 04:14 PM
We love chicken marinated in Italian dressing. I throw veggies into the marinade too. Then we usually grill or broil it. Or make kabobs.

Lady TS
06-01-2009, 04:55 PM
LADY TS Pizza crust Recipe :shrug3

Pizza Crust
4-5 cups flour(I sometimes use whole wheat flour for part of it)
3 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
4 1/2 tsp yeast
1 1/2 cups hot water
1/2 cup warm milk
3 Tbsp olive oil

Mix dry ingredients in large mixer bowl. Add liquid ingredients all at one time. Allow to knead in mixer for 2-3 minutes, adding flour as necessary. Roll out on floured surface(I roll it on the pan I put cornmeal/wheat germ on or sprayed w/oil). Place on greased stone baking sheet. Top with your favorite sauce(pizza, BBQ, pesto) and add your favorite toppings. Bake at 550 for 7 minutes.

:)

If you don't have yeast, I have a yeast-free one around here somewhere, although I haven't tried it.

jenny_islander
06-05-2009, 12:31 AM
I love these posts--they're like puzzles!

I tried this recipe the other day; it's delicious and quick. Debone the chicken thighs with a small sharp knife and skin if desired. Brown on both sides in oil in skillet along with chopped onion. Pour over tomato sauce, thin with water to prevent scorching, bring to boil, reduce to simmer, cover, check in 15-20 minutes. Adjust seasoning and serve with pasta. Pass the parmesan.

Check cans of condensed soup for Campbell's chicken'n'rice casserole recipe. Basically you put rice in a baking dish, lay chicken drumsticks over rice, thin soup with milk or water and season mixture, pour over, cover, and bake. I would add chopped onions so you had some kind of veggie in there.

You could make oven-fried chicken with the rest of the drumsticks and serve with tomato rice.

Speaking of tomato rice, you can stir the mozzarella right into it and serve it on its own if need be.

Trying to stretch here . . . You could cook some noodles or large macaroni, layer in a baking dish with LOTS of onions and beef gravy, cover with seasoned crumbs, and bake until bubbly.

To stretch the mac'n'cheese, add more cooked mac and one can condensed soup. Adjust consistency, cover with parmesan, and pop briefly into oven.

Dilute remaining cans of soup with milk or water; add cooked rice or small pasta and any leftover bits of chicken from previous meals, plus sauteed chopped onion. Serve with fresh bread or rolls if you can make some.