PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about Facebook

SuperstarMama
05-25-2009, 09:50 PM
Well, I was on fb for a short time last year then I moved. Not far, but with two kids and adjustments, I didn't get on fb for like a month. Then I thought... Am I missing anything or not? But, I've recently been thinking about starting back, I think just for the purpose of feeling "connected" with others. I do have several friends out there that I really don't communicate with on a regular basis, but I would through fb.

So... my question to you guys....
If you use fb, what do you love about it? Would you encourage others to join in and if so why? Do you feel like it sucks too much time out of your schedule?

Any other info is greatly appreciated!

Hermana Linda
05-25-2009, 10:04 PM
I like it. It helps me to get to know my GCM sisters better, I have connected with old schoolmates and other old friends and family who live far away. It's a fun way to share pics and keep in touch. I do encourage people to use it. It can be a time suck, if you let it. One has to be careful. Why not just log in and catch up every week or so?

Rabbit
05-25-2009, 10:05 PM
It keeps me in contact with friends and family scattered all over the world.

ArmsOfLove
05-25-2009, 10:07 PM
yeah, I've been able to connect back up with some dear friends from my past, distant family, people I just wouldn't be in touch with otherwise.

mummy2boys
05-25-2009, 11:18 PM
I like it because I have been able to catch up with old school friends and people who have moved overseas. My only downside was when my sister joined and started causing some problems for me but she actually "de-friended" me :yes2 and things have settled since then

Hermana Linda
05-26-2009, 02:10 PM
Yeah, it can get dicey if someone from your past who is unwelcome finds you. I expect some political and/or religious conflict to cause all my old schoolmates to defriend me very soon. :shifty