PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Leftover Braised Pork . . . WWYD?

jenny_islander
05-05-2009, 10:03 PM
We hardly ever get pork anymore because of the price increases, so I jumped on a bone-in shoulder blade roast when I found it on sale for less than some varieties of beans. I bought the smallest one. Cheap? Cheap!

Come to find out when I got it home that the thing weighs almost seven pounds. Er. Whoops.

I'm marinating it overnight in brown ale, soft cider, garlic, and pepper because that's what the recipe I have calls for; then I'll slow-cook it all day. Then I'll have all these leftovers. I've never had this much leftover pork to deal with! WWYD with it?

CapeTownMommy
05-05-2009, 10:07 PM
Hmmmm... what a nice problem to have!

You can:

* Use it as meat in pasta dishes (make a standard mac & cheese and add pulled pork, yummy!)
* Fill wraps or pitas with cooked pork, cheese and salad stuff
* Use it for a pancake filling with some cheese sauce

I'd probably be able to come up with more ideas if I didn't have pg brain!

BeckaBlue
05-05-2009, 10:10 PM
bbq pork sandwiches :yum

jenny_islander
05-05-2009, 11:14 PM
Would it taste OK as pulled pork sandwiches? I'm braising it in the marinade.

BeckaBlue
05-05-2009, 11:20 PM
I dont see why not :shrug3 ive never had it premarinated w/ that stuff but i imagine it'd actually give a nicer flavor even

RealLifeMama
05-06-2009, 05:36 AM
That should taste really good.
Shoulder makes the best pulled pork sandwiches.

jenny_islander
05-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Well, DH said he liked it, but he would've liked it better as BBQ. :doh So I reheated the leftovers with a bottle of honey BBQ sauce and served them on fresh homemade whole-wheat rolls with a side of corn sauteed with sweet peppers, onions, and tomato. We still have a bunch left; I'll make rice to put it over tomorrow.