PDA

View Full Version : Should I force him to go to the game?

hey mommy
04-21-2009, 04:04 PM
I just realized C has a baseball game at 5 tonight. He didn't play last Sat. either, b/c he cried and refused once we got there. It got very ugly between us.

Well, he doesn't want to go tonight and is crying that "it's not fair" and blah blah blah. I have no patience for this anymore. We paid $80 for him to play and there is still 2 months left of the season. He says he doesn't want to go because "he hasn't gotten used to it". What?? UGH! He was doing just fine before EAster break and now he refuses to play.

Should I force him? I'm tired of him wasting our money like this.

mamaKristin
04-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Did he want to play this year? That might impact the decision to make him go or not. If he wanted to play, and he's part of the team, being there with the team is part of the experience. On the other hand, if it's only going to be a fight and frustrate you...That's kind of a tough call. I'd probably make my kids go, and be present. I wouldn't make them play, but I know that my kids would probably want to participate once they got there.

hey mommy
04-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Well, I thought he did, but now he's saying he didn't. I don't know.

DH said make him clean the house if he isn't going to play, that way he isn't just home messing around. C prefered to stay home and clean.. ugh..

I know it's going to frustrate me, and right now I can barely move w/o being nauseated, so sitting in the sun isn't my idea of fun. I'm just frustrated b/c he isn't even willing anymore..

klpmommy
04-21-2009, 07:19 PM
sometimes i bribe my kids to get over a hump. P stopped wanting to do TkD at one point. i was pretty sure it was just a hump, so i let him pick an activity to do after. he picked chewy checkers (from Wuzzby) w/ mini oreos & nutter butters. it took us 2 games.

also, why doesn't he want to playnow? for a while it was really hard getting P to transition from home to out

mom2jolakeil
04-21-2009, 08:06 PM
I know the game has come and gone, but... when our girls do this (and Kendra does it A LOT) we take them anyway. They are fully dressed and are to be there to support their team. They usually end up playing anyway :shrug3 I totally understand about "we paid $___, you're NOT wasting that money by not playing". We paid $95/per girl :jawdrop this year. Then on top of that are REQUIRED to sell $75 worth of JUNK coupons (seriously, you can get them from mailed flyers and the mailed ones are usually better :doh) and THEN we can't even GET to the field, we have to walk half a mile to get there because the field we have to walk through is under construction and surrounded by fences. I'm DONE and when they start whining I have to bite my tongue because *I* don't want to do it AT.ALL.

sorry you opened up a whole can of worms for me :blush