PDA

View Full Version : never knew crafting could be so fun!!!

Rbonmom
03-30-2009, 01:51 PM
I've always done different types of crafting: cross stich, sewing, crocheting, cake decorating... because I want to have a creative outlet, but I've never really liked it :shifty I wind up just frustrated and bored really easily. Well, I've always wanted to try quilting and I think I've finally found my "thing" :rockon I. LOVE. IT. All the beautiful fabric and the stiching and everything is just so much fun! I started on my second quilt this weekend (I don't have a lot of time because I'm in nursing school) but I can't put it down, and I just find myself daydreaming about getting back to it. The bad thing is I have a test tomorrow that I should be studying for, but I really want to finish the top piece on this new project :shifty Now I get why some people like to craft :doh All this time, I just think I wasn't doing the right craft for me :shrug

yellowheart
03-31-2009, 04:37 AM
Crafting is addicting....one of my mottos in life is....."so many crafts and so little time!!"

ellies mom
04-01-2009, 10:54 AM
Good for you! I'm in nursing school too so I don't have have much crafting time as I like either. I keep a fairly brainless knitting project in my school bag so I can knit at school when I need to unwind a bit. Sewing is what usually suffers when I'm in school but I think this next quarter I'm going to make a point of sewing at least 1-2 hours a week. You know applying some of that "holistic" care to my life too.