PDA

View Full Version : Knitting/crochet fidelity

Kiara.I
03-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Okay, I need some accountability. Clearly.
I have been suffering a terrible case of start-itis with knit and crochet projects. And I *really* need to get some actually finsihed.

Active projects:
Shooting Stars hat for DS1
Bolero jacket for me
Asymmetric cabled cardigan for me
Sydney socks

Also really need to do some crocheted play food for DS as we were just given a wooden stove and fridge for him.
And I've yarn for a sweater for DS1 that I really need to do before he, say grows into (or out of!) it.

Hibernating, but need to be finished as right now they are just being clutter:
Thirds scarf
Cozy wrap
Twin Leaf dishcloth (really, WHAT is my excuse for leaving a dishcloth hibernating???)
Wool soaker
Cables & Lace Kimono
Storybook squares afghan
Another afghan whose name I can't even remember that isn't even listed in my Ravelry projects (but I will list when I pull it out and find the pattern...)

Wow, that list looks pretty brutal staring at me like that...
I'm mostly writing this out here to make myself finish a bunch before I even *think* about starting anything new. Unless someone feels like holding me to working on all this? Or is anyone else in the same kind of boat and we can bug each other?

Lily
03-29-2009, 11:48 PM
Ok I will bug you, if you bug me!!

In progress:
Beth's scarf
blue and white wrap

Not started yet:
black shrug
white and blue shrug
kitchen towels for jenn and beth
kitchen towels for me

yellowheart
03-30-2009, 05:28 AM
I'm not going to even start the list of unfinished projects I have. The projects that I WANT to do is even longer!!!! :smile

The only suggestion I have for you....have you thought about making the play food out of felt instead of crocheting? Perhaps it might be faster? Especially if you're needing it right away.

Kiara.I
03-31-2009, 12:03 AM
Sure, Lily, I can bug you... :)

Sox, you want me to bug you too? (And yes, I have a *huge* queue too now...of things I would like to do sometime...)

I did manage to do some work on both the hat and the bolero jacket today. I think I'm hung up on the sweater because the sleeves are to be partially knit and then attached and then you keep knitting--and I don't really know what I'm doing for that. I think I need to take it along to a yarn store and get some help. Or just dive in and see what happens. :)

yellowheart
03-31-2009, 04:35 AM
You can bug me too!

Yesterday, I did manage to work on the alphabet book that I'm scrapbooking for DS. Of course, most of it was done with my Cricut machine (must get another cartridge) so that makes it MUCH easier. I've packed up that stuff until Friday night. We have monthly craft nights at church.

Until then I'm probably going to do some knitting. Although I have been itching to get the sewing machine out. My sewing skills at this point are horrible. But, they're not going to get any better if I don't practice. I have a quilt to finish for DD. Its just some straight stitching and I definitely won't win any awards for it.

Or, maybe I should work on DD name book I'm making from felt.

And, lets not mention all of the cross-stitching supplies and projects. I think that craft maybe a thing of the past until the babies get older. Although it is very portable and (at least for me) would be a lot easier to stop and start b/c of the interruptions. hmm....

It appears that I have a problem!!! :giggle

Lily
03-31-2009, 07:12 PM
I worked on the blue and white shrug. :rockon

yellowheart
04-02-2009, 12:54 PM
I added to my arsenal of craft projects a couple of days ago. Discovered the Knifty Knitter loom. Almost have a hat for DD completed. I'm afraid I will probably have to put my needles away for now. This is so much easier and my project so far looks WAY better than it would have on circular needles. :smile

Lily
04-02-2009, 04:53 PM
I worked on beth's wrap and the shrub last night. I really need to finish beth's wrap - I have only 200 rows left to do!!

Kiara.I
04-05-2009, 10:50 PM
I am *totally* keen to finish my blue sweater now. I've knit up to where you attach the sleeves (and then you knit the whole thing up to the shoulders and neck) and have one sleeve done ready for attaching. So the great question: knit or sleep, knit or sleep...

I've done a bit on a couple of other things in the last few days, but I really want to get this sweater done ASAP, and then focus on the other projects a bit more. Lily, sounds like you're pushing forward on your stuff, good job.

Sox, I got given a kniftyknitter for Christmas. I really have no idea what to use it for. :shrug3 My MIL gave it to me, and she knits too...I really don't get it... Any good suggestions for patterns? Right now I really prefer the look of the needle knitting, and the kniftyknitter you can't change gauge... :scratch

BeckaBlue
04-05-2009, 11:01 PM
I have going right now:
longies for TTL

I *need* to do
a sling for my sister (edd in 2 days!!)
a sling for her hubby
1 knot doll
1 hat
1 other pair of longies for TTL
1 pr of longies for another lady

I *really* try to only have 1 project going at a time, but i really think i gonna hafta double up to do 2 prs longies
my sewing machine is not cooperating so i hafta get together with my aunt to do the slings, or take on the daunting task of handsewing, which im not very good at so i dont think i will :giggle they'll only take a few hrs (if jo cooperates?), i just gotta hit my aunt up at the right time :shifty cutting will be the hardest imo, since i need to only cut off about 1/3 of the side or theyll be too thin, then the folding and pinning, oh boy!!!!

Lily
04-08-2009, 08:07 PM
I only have 2 large sections and 1 small section left on beth's wrap (that's about 140 rows) and I've made some progress with the white and blue shrug.

I need to find an easy, well written pattern (preferably with lots of pictures) for longies. I am going to make a pair for my friend who just had a baby. I figure if I start now, they will be ready by the time it gets cold again.

Kiara.I
05-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Okay, how's it going, everybody? I've finished off the dishcloth, the shooting stars hat and the asymmetric cardi (yay! my first sweater!)
I've pulled the kimono back out of hibernation and figured out where I am on it. (Note to self--next time I will write what I am doing on my pattern! I will record the size I am making and any mods! I will NOT be reduced to counting the cast-on edge to figure out what size I was making. :doh And for that matter, which cast-on did I use? :shrug3)

So Lily. How are the wrap and the shrug coming along?

Sox, are you getting some of your projects moving forward?

mama2madj, have you got the slings done? How about the longies?

BeckaBlue
05-17-2009, 08:37 PM
I got the first longies done. the waistband on the 2nd for ttl and the waist almost done on the other pr
i added another doll to my 'to do'
my sewing machine isn't working still so ive gotta hit up my aunt/cousin to use theirs

BeckaBlue
05-18-2009, 12:45 PM
I ot a lot done since that post :woohoo, i'm almost finished w/ the body on one (all of 2 rows left till crotch shaping) and the waist is finished on the other :sillygrin

BeckaBlue
05-18-2009, 09:47 PM
onto the legs on 1, 1/4 done of the body on the other :phew
jo just semi woke up though, figures :lol