PDA

View Full Version : I need help with this pattern please

Yuliana
03-29-2009, 07:52 PM
http://www.burdastyle.com/patterns/show/3875

I cut all the paper pattern pieces and I already put together the back of the dress but I can't seem to put together the front. It has too many little paper pieces and I don't know where they go.

Can you help me if you have done it?

Marielle
03-30-2009, 06:24 AM
looks like the front is cut in two parts (a skirt and a yolk, the top part) so that the top of the jumper can be lined and the tab edges finished off.

Yuliana
03-30-2009, 06:29 AM
looks like the front is cut in two parts (a skirt and a yolk, the top part) so that the top of the jumper can be lined and the tab edges finished off.

But that's not how it looks on the printed papers. The back is 3 parts and that leaves me with 7 parts for the front? :scratch

Marielle
03-30-2009, 06:41 AM
look at the thin grey border lines, each corner has a letter and number (2A, 3C) to let you know which piece matches up with another and how.

eta: they want you to match up the printed papers like one large piece, THEN cut out the pattern pieces.

Yuliana
03-30-2009, 06:42 AM
look at the thin grey border lines, each corner has a letter and number (2A, 3C) to let you know which piece matches up with another and how.

I can't do it :hissyfit :hissyfit :hissyfit
I have looked at it in every diff. way possible and nothing. I am sure I will feel very stupid once I figure it out.

I also can't ask my other friend because it is for her dd :O

Marielle
03-30-2009, 06:45 AM
okay, let's start over. Reprint the pattern. Then look at the labeled corners (in the lighter font color), and tape them up like a large puzzle piece. Match up 2C from one paper with 2C from another paper, etc. THEN after you've taped together the whole paper, cut out the individual pattern pieces.

Yuliana
03-30-2009, 06:48 AM
okay, let's start over. Reprint the pattern. Then look at the labeled corners (in the lighter font color), and tape them up like a large puzzle piece. Match up 2C from one paper with 2C from another paper, etc. THEN after you've taped together the whole paper, cut out the individual pattern pieces.

Ok, I am printing it out. You don't want me to cut the pieces right?

Yuliana
03-30-2009, 06:51 AM
eta: they want you to match up the printed papers like one large piece, THEN cut out the pattern pieces.

I just saw this, let me try.

Yuliana
03-30-2009, 06:54 AM
:lol OMGosh I got it. Thank you.

One more question. The pattern lines (the ones that I will have to cut) do not match with the other ones. Can I move them to match or do I have to match the diamonds on the paper?

Yuliana
03-30-2009, 07:01 AM
I got it :rockon :rockon :rockon I am matching the diamonds by putting them right on top of eachother and it is working :rockon :rockon :rockon

Thanks Marielle, you don't know how happy this makes me :shifty

Marielle
03-30-2009, 07:07 AM
LOL - no problem.

Go ahead and match up the diamonds. The lines will match up (they just take the border of the printed paper into account). When you match up the diamonds and light gray border lines you'll see the pattern lines right up.

eta: we're posting together. Great!

Yuliana
03-30-2009, 07:10 AM
Thanks again.

ellies mom
04-01-2009, 10:48 AM
I just taped together another Burda pattern yesterday. Not all the diamonds "labels" (2A, 3B etc) matched, so you might want to keep that in mind if you are having a problem. But the first page of my pattern had a diagram of how it was supposed to go together including where the diamonds labels didn't match. So I was able to follow that when I got confused.

I downloaded the pattern you are trying earlier but I haven't made it yet. I hope you share your finished object so we can all see it.

Yuliana
04-01-2009, 10:52 AM
i just taped together another Burda pattern yesterday. Not all the diamonds "labels" (2A, 3B etc) matched, so you might want to keep that in mind if you are having A problem. But the first page of my pattern had A diagram of how it was supposed to go together including where the diamonds labels didn't match. So i was able to follow that when i got confused.

i downloaded the pattern you are trying earlier but i haven't made it yet. i hope you share your finished object so we can all see it.

I made it match and it came out beautiful :giggle

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt204/yuliana_33/Sewing/IMG_4325.jpg

ellies mom
04-01-2009, 10:56 AM
That came out beautiful. I love the fabric.

Yuliana
04-01-2009, 10:56 AM
That came out beautiful. i love the fabric.

Thanks